Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Best fly reels

7815 Views 41 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  ikankecil
Been looking at purchasing new fly reels for my 8wt and 12wt. Have a lot of time to prepare for poon season:confused:. Im trying to decide between Tibor or Orvis's Mirage and was wondering if y'all knew which had the smoothest drag and overall best quality. If you know any other company that rival these feel free to lmk.
Reactions: Smackdaddy53
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Buy a tibor, in a favorite color, put a favorite fish on the side of it, and then name it whatever the f you want (<=25 characters)…then if for some reason you just need a mirage after that, you’ll get most of your $ back out (flip the name plate around). You won’t do that going the other way and there is a reason for that.

· Registered
222 Posts
Buy a tibor, in a favorite color, put a favorite fish on the side of it, and then name it whatever the f you want (<=25 characters)…then if for some reason you just need a mirage after that, you’ll get most of your $ back out (flip the name plate around). You won’t do that going the other way and there is a reason for that.
Do the nameplates flip around? I tried that on a Riptide, no go, it's not flat.

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Do the nameplates flip around? I tried that on a Riptide, no go, it's not flat.
They come flat and then form to the reel with a little help. I’ve had more than one used tibor with something on the back of the plate (but nothing interesting enough to keep).

Reactions: grass bass
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.