Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Are you talking about 4 people fishing on the boat and still get sub 10" draft or are you thinking 2 people poling a flat stalking fish and then has the capability to load up the fam and go to the sandbar? That is a very broad question.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Well I'm partial to East Cape skiffs
-EVOx or EVOv, Fury, Caimen or you could buy my Vantage that happens to be for sale (shameless plug but not a 7" boat)
Chittum Laguna Madre 18 is a very nice boat

Lots of really good skiffs out there. Depends on how you fish, where you fish, what style boats you like, and your budget.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,097 Posts
I take 4 on my boat all the time. Bait chunking,not fly fishing. It draws about 8-9. I dont pole it with 4 on it

Reactions: SomaliPirate

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm partial to East Cape skiffs
-EVOx or EVOv, Fury, Caimen or you could buy my Vantage that happens to be for sale (shameless plug but not a 7" boat)
Chittum Laguna Madre 18 is a very nice boat

Lots of really good skiffs out there. Depends on how you fish, where you fish, what style boats you like, and your budget.
How much for vantage?

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's the reason I bought my Ankona Cayenne. I Don't like to fish it with more than 2, but is rated for 4 for easy trips to beach. Not dry in chop with 4 though

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a Hewes Bayfisher. It draws ten inches So a little deeper than you want, but I fish four from it regularly. It’s a little tight but doable if everyone is fishing. If only two are fishing totally doable. Good ride in a chop, and you can get them for way under 23k too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts