Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2019 Gheenoe LT10
228 Posts
For the price range, saw someone else mention it, and since you want something on the smaller side, the Canon EOS R10 is right around your price point and a great jumping off point and great for the money. Otherwise, if you want to spend a little closer to $1k for a camera plus a lens to start, Nikon Z50 or Fujifilm X-T30 II are quite solid.

· Registered
‘94 Silver King Signature 16
1,549 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
XT3 here.

Love the Fuji system as a hobbyist. Fuji colors are THE BEST. Have 16 1.4, 35 F2 and 50-140. Thinking of giving up the 16 to get the 10-24.

Van what lens was that last pic?
Fuji color and lightroom presets are amazing. Same with Canon. Fuji has a unique profile that is unmatched if you like that kind of photo.

The last one was with the 33mm f1.4. It's by far my favorite lens. I had the 35 f2, but this one is so much faster, sharper, and the low light performance is unmatched at the focal length. The 16 look awesome too, but I don't do a lot of wide angle stuff and I have the 16-80 which I think is a great all around lens.

How do you like the 50-140? I thought about renting it or the 150-600 for my next trip for some close up shot of birds and such.

· Registered
343 Posts
Lots of good advise here. I sold off about $40,000 worth of equipment a couple of yeare ago and now use my iPhone 13Pro. It’s waterproof and compact. You always have it with you. You can put it on a tripod and trigger it with your watch. It makes outstanding video. It has three lenses and the new iPhone14 Pro is even better. The only drawback is that they don’t have a very long lens. Perfect for portraits, night photography, landscapes or anytime you need to make an image without having to have a lot of equipment. My images can not be differentiated from when I used my professional equipment. The difference is that I treat my iPhone camera as if it were a professional camera. I use Lightroom and Photoshop for editing. The editing is where the difference lies between great photos and snapshots. Having a camera and lenses is only half of the equation. If your girlfriend develops a passion for photography there are tons of videos on line where she can learn how to use her equipment and edit them afterward. Photography is not a cheap hobby but, like fishing and hunting, can provide you with a lifetime of enjoyment. These images were all made with an iPhone and edited in LR on my iPad.
Nature Mountain Shorts Bedrock Sky

Water Bird Plant Beak Lake

Water Sky Cloud Shorts Fedora

Water Sky Cloud Fish Fin

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Plant

Cheek Chin Black Flash photography Gesture

· Registered
‘94 Silver King Signature 16
1,549 Posts
Lots of good advise here. I sold off about $40,000 worth of equipment a couple of yeare ago and now use my iPhone 13Pro. It’s waterproof and compact. You always have it with you. You can put it on a tripod and trigger it with your watch. It makes outstanding video. It has three lenses and the new iPhone14 Pro is even better. The only drawback is that they don’t have a very long lens. Perfect for portraits, night photography, landscapes or anytime you need to make an image without having to have a lot of equipment. My images can not be differentiated from when I used my professional equipment. The difference is that I treat my iPhone camera as if it were a professional camera. I use Lightroom and Photoshop for editing. The editing is where the difference lies between great photos and snapshots. Having a camera and lenses is only half of the equation. If your girlfriend develops a passion for photography there are tons of videos on line where she can learn how to use her equipment and edit them afterward. Photography is not a cheap hobby but, like fishing and hunting, can provide you with a lifetime of enjoyment. These images were all made with an iPhone and edited in LR on my iPad. View attachment 224796

View attachment 224797

View attachment 224798

View attachment 224799

View attachment 224800

View attachment 224801
They’ll have to pry my 70-200 2.8L from my cold dead hands!! 🤣😂🤣

· Registered
343 Posts
They’ll have to pry my 70-200 2.8L from my cold dead hands!! 🤣😂🤣
Yes, that’s a great lens. I had that one and the 500, 600, 400 and several shorter/wide angle lenses. All great Cannon lenses.
Bird Beak Terrestrial animal Terrestrial plant Arthropod

Bird Accipitridae Sky Beak Falcon

· Registered
343 Posts
I don’t do birding or sports, so never got into the tele lenses. And thank god I haven’t!! $$$$. That eagle photo is killer!! 🇺🇸👍👍
Thanks for the compliment. I shot wildlife and landscapes for a little over 10 years with conventional SLR professional equipment(Canon). I traveled the country for months at a time as well as shooting locally. The thrill for me then and now is being in wild places, mostly alone. With digital photography no one touches my images but me. I am the whole process, from composing and executing the shot to editing the RAW image into what I actually saw. It’s even easier now with the cloud and iPad using LightRoom and PS for iPad. I don’t even use my computer anymore. With my iPhone uploading instantly into the cloud my images are ready for editing in my iPad almost instantly.
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Reactions: birdyshooter
21 - 40 of 51 Posts