Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Best big water flats boat

9851 Views 29 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Redbelly
I live in the panhandle of florida, specifically Destin area. I am looking for a a large flats boat. I have had everything from a 21 ft trophy cuddy cabin, bay boats, and currently fish out of a 18ft bass tracker center console. I'm looking for a flats boat that can handle open water crossing bays and run along the beach on calm days. I will be using a trolling a motor 90% of the time and poling 10% of the time if any. It will be fished also in tournaments at least once a month. Would like a wide stable boat with room. I have two kids(9 & 3 years old) that I take on the boat regularly. I have a budget of $20,000. Can be a older boat I dont mind working on. I would prefer 18ft and up but would be fine with a 16 footer if it had a nice ride. I've been looking at Mavericks, action crafts, key west, and hewes. What other brands should I look at and what models.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
Looking for 18’ at $20k, your list is on point. No, none of them will be brand new, but you can find all the boats on your list for under 20k! I’m a sucker for an ole lappy hewes and master angler, but the ac 1810 is probably the driest one of them all, imho, but also the heaviest. Anything youre looking at over 18’, just keep in mind that there are bay boats that only draft 12” of water fully loaded

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.