BEDLINER VS NONSKID ON FLOORS??

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by chew, Jul 26, 2013.

1. chew

chew I sit at a desk so I can stand in a boat!

okay, so here is my delima... and looking for some actual use replies......
    i am getting ready to paint/cover a new floor in a boat i have just aquired, and i am toying with an idea and wondering if anyone has tried it and what the pros an cons they have seen up to date on wear and tear....

the floor of the boat has been completly replaced and glassed in, the previous owner just put a coat of leftover house laytex paint down just to "temp cover" the floor till he carpeted it.... well i am not planning to carpet and have been looking at non skid paint to do the whole inside with...... but i am also fixing up the trailer that came with the boat and am going to use roll on herculiner to cover the whole trailer..... so i was wondering has anyone sprayed or rolled on bedliner in a fiberglass floor (black /white / tinted colors) if so how is it holding up, do you see any cons to it..... or am i best to steer clear of the idea and just go with traditional non skid floor paint???? :-?

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Most of the DIY bedliner kits are junk. Either have it done professionally or just use a good marine topside with non skid added. Not knocking the herculiner brand but I have seen way too many crappy DIY bedliner jobs..

3. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

There have been good results posted here with this

http://www.tuffcoat.net/wordpress/

I ordered some samples and they have been outside for several months and a month ago I tried but still can not tear it.

4. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

Ver intrested in the tuff coat stuff applied by the hopper gun. Anybody else have opinions or reports on it?

5. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Roller does a great job.

6. chew

thanks on all the input...... with this tuff coat, i have looked high and low on the website, see the exact color i want and the finish is spot on even by roller aplication (the way i will be going) but see nothing on pricing or sq ft coverage.... whats your luck on that so far since you were able to obtain sample pieces... i am assuming they sent you a price guide along with it??

7. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

I have the CEO's phone number..I will reach out and get you a contact.

8. chew

thank you much on that..... we have a local commercial auto paint center, tried them, but i guess it is sold on the shelf as a different name. they are a large 3M/dupont vendor... have access to many marine paints / industrials / and self sprayed bedliner material...... but from the feed back i am seeing on this... this may be the way to go...... "prep it, spray it...... forget it" i like the tuff and go idea.