Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my head wrapped around this system and figure out a way to build something similar in a conchfish 16. Any ideas on how to make this happen ? It looks like the mount holes for the poling platform and the front platform go all the way through the hull and cap. What would need to be done to ensure there is enough support for this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anybody needs a representation check out beavertail predator 16. That's basically what I'm looking for but I want the satisfaction of building it myself.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
573 Posts
I used these for my motor mount bolts. Basically you put the nut under the deck/ transom with two screws to hold it in place. That way you can remove bolts from the top without having to crawl under the deck. If you wanted to go tool free you can use hand knobs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That could work. I am hoping to be able to just set it on kind of like a pedestal seat mount but not such a large plate. And you would use 4, one for each post on the platform

·
Registered
136 Posts
That could work. I am hoping to be able to just set it on kind of like a pedestal seat mount but not such a large plate. And you would use 4, one for each post on the platform
Trying to think because I think the rapid switch system would be amazing.
Maybe flare the top of pieces of pvc and glass that in under the cap in every location the platform would mount?

·
Brandon, FL
9,282 Posts
Take the video to the machine shop who is going to build your platform and show them.

It looks like a male/female arrangement that is milled out of aluminum and should be an easy job for a machinist and then welded to any type of platform. If you wanted to cheap out you could make the female side out of fiberglass, but the male side on the poling platform would still be aluminum.

The female side is mounted in the deck.

I am pretty sure the mount does not go through the hull as you mentioned in your first post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to build it. I am a machinist and welder. I'll try to post a video you can see them use two of the holes with poles through them to hold the boat in place. The machined female socket could work. I'm more curious about how I could affix said socket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I'm after. Also they use the push pole mounts to hold the blind on which I think is clever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts