Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to sell my 2007 Beavertail Osprey. This is my first time doing this so could use some guidance. Here are a few bullet points to start:
  • Asking $22,500
  • Located in Fort Myers, FL (SW Florida)
  • Contact Info (cell) 239-851-2298
  • 2007 E-Tec 60 2 stroke. 280 hours
  • poling platform
  • Wired for trolling motor w on board charger.
  • 15 gallon under deck fuel tank.
  • Tackle locker in helm.
  • 8 under gunnel rod holders.
  • Seadek on floor.
  • Bobs jack plate.
  • Blue Rock Trailer
  • Lenco Trim Tabs
  • Livorsi Controls
  • Seat Cushions
  • LED Lighting

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
583 Posts
Nothing wrong with your ad or the boat being “a hells bay minus the sticker”. In my opinion the Osprey doesn’t have as strong a following as the B2. Don’t be in a hurry, moving a boat can take time. Also you are a little high on your price. Just my 2 cents

·
Waitin' on the flood !
2009 Beavertail BTX powered by a 2020 Tohatsu MFS60
228 Posts
Forgive me for not knowing, what are the two rear hatches?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think the skiff looks clean and has a few high quality upgrades. I would agree a bit high on price except that engine has low hours, though it is a 2 stroke. For some that is a plus for weight advantage and hole shot,others prefer a 4 stroke. Keep exposed and you will probably get some action at some point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price too high for sure. For 20k if folks are patient they can scoop something up with much newer motor.. the Beavertail does hold value tho.. good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have any input on how better to market my skiff?
Imo your problem is the price. below i will attach the nada value of your boat/motor/trailer, which is what most all banks and lenders go by. Right now your boat sells for 10,490 to 11,980 roughly. When it was new in 2007 it cost 22,950.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Other Ospreys have sold within last few years between 17 and 22 fyi. I don't believe Nada is a useful pricing tool for a private resale. B2's are running between 17 and 21 as well. The osprey is I believe same hull as B2

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just meet a guy yesterday with a Osprey that he purchased in FL on this site and he paid 11,500 with a 2 stroke motor. So it is similar to the NADA posted. It appeared to be in great shape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Other Ospreys have sold within last few years between 17 and 22 fyi. I don't believe Nada is a useful pricing tool for a private resale. B2's are running between 17 and 21 as well. The osprey is I believe same hull as B2
you wouldnt see me paying that much for it. why do you think this one is still for sale since january? nada is what everyone goes by it is the most legit way of determining current market values. just because people are asking 17 to 21 dont mean thats what they are getting for them. the base price on a new 2019 beavertail mosquito is 25k, why would someone pay close to that for a 13 year old rig?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts