Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am very interested in a used waterman or a new misquito. One of the two will be my first skiff and I am stuck on which one to choose ,and would like to hear from y'all and see what you think. I would like to pick up one of the two for around 25,000. If anyone is near the Brunswick area with a waterman I could test let me know.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I really like the Beavertail and the Hells Bay, but woukd chose the Mosquito over a waterman with a much older motor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which one could make more profit when I resell too. Correct me if I am wrong it won't hells bay restore there boats and motors? Kinda like the idea of the waterman because I won't feel as bad about messing up, but would also like the newer outboard and boat as well can't decide.One of you I going to have to convince me to one.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Those aren't apples to apples comparison. While a Waterman is a solid boat that has stood the test of time with great design (arguably the best hull ever made), a Mosquito is new. It is also a smaller skiff and you can customize, plus comes with a warranty on the hull and the engine. Those are BIG pluses.

Go fish each boat and see which one you like more for your style. If I were to go with a Mosquito, I would seriously have to compare a tiller to a side console. I would not get a 60 on it - I would go lighter to ensure super skinny draft. A 60 on a Waterman that has sponsons is a must.

Lastly, you have the decision of 20k+ for a used boat that may need work as opposed to a 20k+ for a new boat that will be built for you. Oh, and a new trailer. Don't forget that one as well....

Full disclosure, I have a 2006 B2 and would seriously have to consider redoing my boat or going with another model. I LOVE the Waterman hull.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would never even consider the HB unless you are just a HB enthusiast... The comfort and confidence of owning something brand new would make that a no brainer for me ... I get dumping a pile of money into something you view as a collectors item if you have money to waste, but it doesn't sound like this is the case. .. BT builds great boats,, I wouldn't buy into the hype unless you have money to waste. .

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've been looking at the mosquito and vengeance (need to decide if going More family size or not). Anyone know what motor comes standard for the advertised 23K base price on Mosquito and Venegance?

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I am really digging the Mosquito. To me it is the perfect upgrade for my B2. Personally I would request a new tower design. Cant deal with the twisted legs style. And, dual pop up cleats or get it in the center. I am a picky mfer. But the design, hatches and available side console has me drooling for new. If I were to sell mine I would keep my Blue rock trailer and put the new one under the B2.
Question for new BT owners, are they propping them right or are you left with the guess work?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
Rode on a Professional couple weeks ago and trust me it did not ride like a concrete park bench in a stacked-up 1 to 2 foot nasty chop on Aransas Bay with stiff 30+ mph winds out of the SE. Similar hull design. I thought it handled it relatively well for what these boats are designed for.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.