Beavertail / Blue Rock Trailer Axels ?

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by tcmoto1976, Apr 8, 2015.

1. tcmoto1976

tcmoto1976 I Love microskiff.com!

Does anyone have any experience replacing a Blue Rock Trailer axel? I have a 2007 Beavertail Osprey on a BR trailer and need a new axel (catastrophic bearing failure) and can not seem to find anything that is bolt and go for it. Seems BR is no long in business or I can not find the correct number to call them directly. Thanks!

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

You could always just buy new spindles and have a welding shop install them. As long as your axle is not rusted to hell. Otherwise, I know Northern Tool stocks a variety of axle sizes and I can't see you having an issue finding a replacement. The axles are normally aftermarket and bought wholesale from the trailer builder..

3. tcmoto1976

tcmoto1976 I Love microskiff.com!

I have looked at the NorthernTool axles but can only find painted ones and no galvanized.