Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on a trip to Beaufort November 11-18. I picked these dates as it looks like there is a flood tide of over 10' on the 15th and 16th in the morning. Because I have never been there, is that a good strategy? Also, I am bringing by skiff, a BT Mosquito. I have seen a lot of videos of guys wading for reds on high tide in the grass and then other videos of guys in their skiffs fly fishing for reds on low tide in the backs of creeks, is that a plan to start with?. Will it be too cold to wade in shorts or should I bring waders? I have fished the low country around Isle of Palms before on one other vacation back in 2017. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
Capt Parker D
128 Posts
I’ve never fished there but that time of year by me (northern sc) the fish are starting to school up back in the creeks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
651 Posts
Likely will be to cold to wade. Just depends on the weather. And the fish will be starting to head into the creeks.

·
Lip Ripper
1,717 Posts
That time of year it'll be more of the creek low tide fishing, flood tides die off end of September or Early October.

Reactions: flysalt060

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That time of year it'll be more of the creek low tide fishing, flood tides die off end of September or Early October.
Ha ha, You helped me 3 years ago when we vacationed in Goat Island.

·
Lip Ripper
1,717 Posts
Well I hope it was help and didn't prevent you from catching anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was tough. I started to get it figured out on the last day and we were able to sight fish some reds and a trout.
I bought a house in Beaufort SC a few weeks ago.
I have some inshore fishing experience but not much here in Beaufort and so far it has been a learning experience. Lol
Glad you found a few. Where they still tailing?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have some inshore fishing experience but not much here in Beaufort and so far it has been a learning experience. Lol
look for tailers on the lows, not really in the grass anymore.

Right now look towards particular broken shoreline on the bottom parts of the tide cycle. Lots of good options around Paris island.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We found reds out with their backs out in the creeks down in Mackay Creek 3 hours before low tide to low tide.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
look for tailers on the lows, not really in the grass anymore.

Right now look towards particular broken shoreline on the bottom parts of the tide cycle. Lots of good options around Paris island.
Yeah I was't finding any on the grass flats except on a Sunday during the last 30 minutes of high tide on a grass flat off Archer Creek. But we couldn't go the next day because they close the creek. The ones we found we were in a creek 3 hours before low of Mackay creek.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts