Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I will be in South Florida / Naples area 2nd week of November. Are there still snook on the beach or is that a spring and summer thing only? If no snook what would you suggest i fish for on my own that time of year? I have access to a paddle board as well.

thanks

Kerry

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
That’s a great time of year... Yes the beaches will still hold snook - if the weather is mild and you can see bait still on the beaches... That time of year everything is moving back inside though... Look around creek mouths and the first set of interior bays and you might find snook, redfish, and trout- all in the same places... At least that’s what we’ll be doing from Flamingo to Chokoloskee....

·
Registered
337 Posts
I stayed at Vanderbilt beach and got into a lot of smaller snook at first light. The ticket for me was staying as far away from the water as possible, and a very Tiny baitfish pattern

Reactions: Donh

·
Registered
779 Posts
Always bring rods... always walk the beaches and cast at sun-up... there is almost always something to bend the rod even if its Jacks and Ladyfish.
Paddle board, if rigged to fish, you can alway take a short drive to Goodland & Marco and fish inshore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Early November can be the best time to target bigger snook on the beach in Marco/Naples as the schools of greenies and glass minnows are usually pretty thick if there are no strong cold fronts. If there is a slight drop in temp there may be some nice pompano around Marco that can be worth targeting around the passes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.