Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
As for power "back" feeding through the charger, shouldn't happen depending on how it's wired.
Battery chargers use a rectifier to change ac to dc.
When the charger is not "turned on" I don't see how it could affect the two batteries.
If it did have a short the charger should not work or might be in a rather dangerous condition.
I actually ended up speaking with two NOCO techs in regards to multiple bank on board chargers. They both told me they have safety features inside the system which would never allow for one battery to charge or drain into the other battery.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I actually ended up speaking with two NOCO techs in regards to multiple bank on board chargers. They both told me they have safety features inside the system which would never allow for one battery to charge or drain into the other battery.
How something is designed to work and "how it is working now" can be different things. Since something odd is going on we should keep an open mind about possible causes. Good to know protections are designed into the product.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tested this weekend on the hose. No voltage flowing through either the onboard charger or the 24v TM circuit when the engine is running on the hose. Next step.... retest on the water.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts