SOLD/EXPIRED Bateau Flats Stalker 18 Plans, Plywood etc...

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tomahawk, Oct 17, 2012.

1. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

Complete plans set with materials receipts. Includes: Okoume Plywood: 3 full sheets of 3/8", 3 full sheets of 1/4", 2 sheets have been cut.
    10 yards of 12 oz Biaxial fabric and 50 yards of 12 oz biax tape.
    3 lbs wood flour and a 3 gallon Marin Epoxy kit with pumps.

It is not enough epoxy to do the whole boat. Its enough to do the outside of the hull. Pretty close to enough on the biaxial fabric for the whole boat, 3 yards short and 100 yards short on tape.

Sadly Iv'e come to the realization that I'm not going to get this done. I am the 2nd owner. Some of the stringers, molds and hull sections were cut by the original owner. Everything is in good shape. There are a couple of water stains on some of the ply, but it is solid and straight. It has been stored in my garage and I believe the original owner stored it in his attic.

I can take some pics if there is any interest.

Over $1000 retail in materials here.

$600 located in Port St. Lucie, FL

http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/FS18_study.htm?prod=FS18

2. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

This is killing me. Somebody frigging buy this thing NOW! I just blew my cash on materials for a refurb and a motor. If I had known this was coming up.... :mad:

Swamp

3. Gregg_STanley

Gregg_STanley I Love microskiff.com!

Do you still have this kit? How old is it? Which pieces have been cut out?

Thanks

4. tomahawk

Still have it. It was bought by the original owner in 2007. Some of the stringer sections have been cut, bow frame, stern frames and hull sides in the bow area. I can take some pics of it if you'd like.

5. Gregg_STanley

Okay thanks, not sure pictures will help just a little worried about if the pieces were cut out correctly.

I'm trying to figure out a good number for how much this will cost to finish. A friend of mine approached me about buying the kit and what ever it takes to finish and I put it together and we share the boat. That's a great deal but I'm worried about spending someone else's money and screwing it up.

I'll let you know what I figure out.

Thanks

6. tomahawk

The guy I bought it from is a professional carpenter/finish carpenter. I'm sure it could be wrong. He assured me it is not but you know how that can go...

7. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/FS18_study.htm?prod=FS18
    Check out the BOM towards the bottom.

At a guess in addition you will need to buy

4-5 gallons of epoxy (I haven't heard of anyone not exceeding the min many double it)
    probably more wood flour
    Fairing additive or compound
    Primer
    Paint
    Anti skid additive or a non slip product like Kiwigrip
    Graphite
    Sundries
    Hardware
    And whatever else I'm forgetting.

I'd say at least another $600-$800, maybe/probably more. It depends on the fit and finish you want, better costs more. That does not include motor, platforms, rigging, etc.

8. Gregg_STanley

Thats all the things I'm thinking about right now. I think it will come down to whether I just want to build a boat or not. By the time it's all said and done I can see spending just as much to build as to by a skiff ready to go.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure I would not think of everything.

9. tomahawk

Re: ***SOLD***Bateau Flats Stalker 18 Plans, Plywood etc...

SOLD