Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes a basic waterproof hip pack? I don't want one that has 10 pockets and zippers. I want something basic that will hold a small fly box, bottle or water and not much more but is waterproof and I can't find what I'm looking for.... Simms used to make a flats pack but I can't find it anymore. Any ideas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought a Sims chestpack at my local tackle shop at half price for $50. I cut off all the straps and slings and fed my line manager belt through the slots in the back. I don’t recall the exact name of the pack at the moment but when I get home I’ll send it to you. It seems like a good little bag.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not sure if it will fit a water bottle but its basic

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/sidekick-dry/YSKD.html#dimensions-specs
I actually have one of these that I use exactly as described. I bought it to go on the outside of one of my Yeti bags, but I use it for beach snook trips more often than not (slide it onto the belt I use for my stripping basket, clip my water bottle on next to it. Easily holds wallet, keys, phone, small fly box, tools, sunscreen, etc. Completely waterproof, easy to use, and only $50.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've got the Simms Dry Creek fanny pack. Big empty sack with one small mesh pocket inside and a thin external small pocket. Not a lot of external crap. The zipper is a two handed affair. Seals airtight. Stuff rattles around in it. Has a shoulder strap. Bigger than I wanted....and when loaded with camera and water bottles can feel heavy.....but it does the job. Not cheap.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
4,548 Posts
La Faguette pacs getinng mucho spensive.

Reactions: fjmaverick

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the Simms Dry Creek fanny pack. Big empty sack with one small mesh pocket inside and a thin external small pocket. Not a lot of external crap. The zipper is a two handed affair. Seals airtight. Stuff rattles around in it. Has a shoulder strap. Bigger than I wanted....and when loaded with camera and water bottles can feel heavy.....but it does the job. Not cheap.
Agree, this pack is my fav. My fresh and salt pack. If your zipper is tough, try a dab of the Tzip lube on it. After several years of use, I was super frustrated with how tough mine was to open. i called Simms and they suggested I actually use the lube it came with (duh ). I did that and now it’s super smooth; easy one handed closure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts