SOLD/EXPIRED Banshee Extreme info

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tarpon29, Jan 21, 2010.

1. tarpon29

tarpon29 Well-Known Member

Anyone with any info or review for a Banshee Extreme help me out. It'd be mostly for the Indian River/Mosquito Lagoon area. Would have a max of 3 people on board but mostly 2. Is this a comfortbale boat? dry? What is everyones thought? I think they look like a bada** flats boat, but i want something thats practical too. thanks in advance

2. JaredFacemyer

JaredFacemyer Well-Known Member

You would probably get more answers if you post in the general forum.

3. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

i would contact forum member pvredfisher , he's got one. ;) your right though they do look bad a$$

4. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1260656129/10

5. tarpon29

tarpon29 Well-Known Member

6. messier69

messier69 Red Hot Fishing Charters

I fish a ton of tourneys over here on the West Coast with a client of mine who has a Ranger Banshee Extreme. I will definetly agree that it is a bad @ss boat looks wise but it is definetly not practical w/ 3 people and hardly 2. Keep in mind the gunnels are extremely low w/ a fully loaded boat. All of the stern hatches leak. There is very little storage. And to make matters worse there are 6 rod holders normally in the boat and 4 of which are functional. The rod holders on the gunnels fit 2 rods perfectly but the bottom rod holders have your reels laying on the floor, and it doesn't take much to step on a Stella and brake it.

Long Story short I have fished Pathfinder 1700T's which run shallower, are cheaper, and have more storage. Now I have a Maverick HPX-T which has the most storage runs shallower than all of them and you can find used ones for the price of a fully rigged Banshee.

My recomendation STAY AWAY from the Banshee. A Maverick is the way to go!!

7. abaco_boat

abaco_boat I Love microskiff.com!

I recently bought a 2008 Banshee and love the boat. It gets really skinny. You ought to contact Jimbo Moxley at Legendary Marine in Gulf Shores Al. He had two or three bank dealer repos which were new boats at a very low price. Good luck.

8. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-Ranger-Boats-Banshee-Extreme-96134601

this isnt my boat, but Ive heard it can be bought for quite a bit less than asking price

9. winyahjay

winyahjay Well-Known Member

Dude, you make some valid points about the Banshee's storage issues, but I will pole my Banshee anywhere your HPX will go. Keep in mind I love Maverick boats and wish I could afford one, but wanted to set the record straight about how skinny the banshee is. Like any major purchase, the buyer should just do their research and make sure the boat suits their needs.

I have a 2008 Banshee and love it. I just wanted to post this so the author had a different point of view from a Banshee owner.

10. messier69

messier69 Red Hot Fishing Charters

Win-jay I will give you tons of credit on your purchase of a Ranger Banshee and it is obvious you and I are both partial to each boat. However, there are a few Mavericks out there that can be purchased for the price of a Banshee and if a buyer is looking for a true shallow water fishing machine an HPX should be the starting point.

I will give you credit that the Banshee MAY be able to pole in the same water as my HPX. But the undeniable aspect of this argument "Is can the Ranger get where my HPX can pole?" I would have to say NO!!!

I have driven and fished both boats. The pros of the HPX excede the Ranger by leaps and bounds. I know the HPX is more expensive but if you are like me you are a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

11. winyahjay

winyahjay Well-Known Member

Agreed...an HPX will handle bigger water. The areas that I fish don't require me to cross any significant big water. Thats why I made the comment about doing enough research and picking the boat that best suits your needs. I wanted a skinny poling skiff that was simple and affordable...the Banshee fits the bill for me.

My intention was to let the author know that the Banshee is a great boat for skinny water application and not to count it out. All of my passengers have made commnets like "I'm sold on the Banshee" after fishing with me. If you are covering lots of ground and crossing open water, then maybe you should consider something else.

We can't all pony up the cash for a Maverick. :) But you're right...there are some deals out there to be had. I just preferred getting something new.

12. East_Cape

East_Cape Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a HPX "V" or "T"?

13. iMacattack

[split] [link=http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1265848878/0#0][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

14. iMacattack

Talked to Capt. Ray Van Horn from Flats Class yesterday at the Miami Boat Show. We are working with Ranger to get a Banshee review on the site. As soon as we have more information we'll let everyone know.

Cheers
    Capt. Jan