Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
In the past I have kept a cooler with a 5 gallon bucket inside. With the cooler and bucket I could probably add 75 +lbs to balance everything out. I like the idea of the collapsable water storage

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the past I have kept a cooler with a 5 gallon bucket inside. With the cooler and bucket I could probably add 75 +lbs to balance everything out. I like the idea of the collapsable water storage
Yeah i have a 35qt roto cooler i keep ice and drinks in as well up ftont for a platform.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Always thought about putting a bag they use for ballast on wake boats under my front deck and hooking it up to a couple pumps -one incoming one outgoing- for this purpose while under power. Will be interested to hear how your solution comes out.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Always thought about putting a bag they use for ballast on wake boats under my front deck and hooking it up to a couple pumps -one incoming one outgoing- for this purpose while under power. Will be interested to hear how your solution comes out.
Trying it out first thing in the morning. Ill let you know.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to put a built in ballast tank in a small skiff that utilizes a raw water pick up so we can eliminate the need for bags and coolers when fishing solo. Been waiting for years but haven't seen anyone do it yet. Would be a lot easier than filling 5 gallon buckets of water. That's my idea so you all heard it here first!

·
Registered
671 Posts
This is hilarious to me! I grew up on the lake wake boarding With ballasts before moving to the salt after school, and I never would have thought that little fishing boats would actually envy adding weight in a different aspect until this thread. I’m in awe of how innovations can come full circle, I just don’t know of any of these boats having the space to actually make this work

·
Mostly Harmless
2,196 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to put a built in ballast tank in a small skiff that utilizes a raw water pick up so we can eliminate the need for bags and coolers when fishing solo. Been waiting for years but haven't seen anyone do it yet. Would be a lot easier than filling 5 gallon buckets of water. That's my idea so you all heard it here first!
...and that, children, is how livewells in the bow resurged in popularity.

Nate

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
...and that, children, is how livewells in the bow resurged in popularity.

Nate
In my mind I had envisioned some sort of under the deck tank without hatch access, just a holding tank. But hell put a hatch on it and call it a live well that's fine too.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trying it out first thing in the morning. Ill let you know.
Worked out good! Did exactly what i wanted it to do and picked up a bit of speed as well ( Wasnt expecting that.) But after seeing the sand bags I might invest in a couple just for the space savings under the bow.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In my mind I had envisioned some sort of under the deck tank without hatch access, just a holding tank. But hell put a hatch on it and call it a live well that's fine too.
Seems like the bait would get beat to death and all the spray that everyone behind the livewell would take on would be not so good in my book.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts