Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Panhandler
3,059 Posts
Not sure, but possibility Baldwin County, Alabama is the where they originated. There are/have been a few smaller boat builders there. Resmondos are very popular with charter captains (six-pack trips).

Maybe do a Google search of Baldwin County boat-builders?

·
Brandon, FL
11,801 Posts
why do discussions about low end skiffs bother you so much?
They don't.

I do not care what peoples skiffs cost at all.

My comment stems from the "any information about..." What information would someone want? They state they have searched and found nothing. The boats are all fiberglass and the company is out of business. They can't possibly be looking for contact info or the warranty department.

I can't wrap my head around what they are searching for. Buy a boat and use it. If it needs work, work on it.

When you bought your silver king you did not come on asking for "any information about...". You knew you were buying a fiberglass boat that needed a little work. Had you asked, I would have responded the same way.

What you did do is ask specific questions and you got specific answers.

There is not a skiff out there that is hiding the magical leprechaun. If someone truly is worried about the skiff they bought they should have investigated before the purchase. Anything on a fiberglass skiff can be repaired by the owner - all it takes is some time and specific questions.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,133 Posts
They don't.

I do not care what peoples skiffs cost at all.

My comment stems from the "any information about..." What information would someone want? They state they have searched and found nothing. The boats are all fiberglass and the company is out of business. They can't possibly be looking for contact info or the warranty department.

I can't wrap my head around what they are searching for. Buy a boat and use it. If it needs work, work on it.

When you bought your silver king you did not come on asking for "any information about...". You knew you were buying a fiberglass boat that needed a little work. Had you asked, I would have responded the same way.

What you did do is ask specific questions and you got specific answers.

There is not a skiff out there that is hiding the magical leprechaun. If someone truly is worried about the skiff they bought they should have investigated before the purchase. Anything on a fiberglass skiff can be repaired by the owner - all it takes is some time and specific questions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A friend of mines was going to go look at a boat in Stuart and the title said Baldwin boat co but looked very similar to a johnsen skiff. I have my project going on so I am not buying another boat any time soon lol. This thread is hilarious though 😂😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts