Bahamas Cruise report... Pic Intensive!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by costefishnt, Apr 1, 2008.

1. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

So I took another cruise. Just the wife and I. it was her anniversary present, and I am glad we went. Sometimes you just have to get away from the kids.

We sailed Royal Caribbean’s Sovereign of the Seas. Old boat, and not much more than a booze crooze…fine by me. The food was great, the drinks were cold and the stops were long. We spent the entire day in Nassau, and departed at 0100 on Sunday. We then went to their private island Cocoa Cay. Very neat little spit of rock in the Caribbean! Spent most of the day in the water while the wife laid in the sun. Awesome snorkeling to be had. They have a couple of plane wrecks to look at and as well they dropped a couple fake cannons, and a fake ship wreck. Made for some interesting fish hideouts. The water depth was 4’ to 40’ and crystal clear, except near the shore. Here are the pics. Enjoy….

Leaving port…
    [​IMG]

Drinking= ghood times

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arriving in Nassau
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick Cage needs a bigger boat…
    [​IMG]

JB’s in the Bahamas

[​IMG]

Wanted to leave the tourists behind so ventured over to a place called fish fry for some food and cold Kalik. Was the ghoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. costefishnt

Went and checked out Atlantis. Lots o money in this place. Very cool aquarium too..

[​IMG]

Sunday we were in cocoa cay. Wife wanted to parasail (never done this, but will do again…fun as hell!!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After this I walked the islands to opposite side. Awesome water!
    [​IMG]

Then I was in the water. Lots of fish. Big ass barracuda kept lookin at me like I was a piece of meat. Also when you see all the little black and yellow striped fish, they like to bite, a lot. Suns of bitches, would quit eatin me. Anyway, heres the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. costefishnt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yup. Was a ton o fun!

4. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

Looks like you guys had a hoot. :)
    Those bitey little bastards are sgt majors. ::)

All them yellowtail and muttons are making me hungry too. :cool: You can see why its illegal to spear nassau grouper, they just beg to be made into fish sandwiches. ;) Did you see any bonefish on those flats?

5. Awesome Curtis! I'm jealous... :cool:

6. costefishnt

not a single bone, but i am sure i saw quite a few permit while parasailing, running the edges of a large flat. never got to see em while in the water tho...

7. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

Neat photos! :cool:Thanks for sharing em. :)

What type of camera did you use?

8. captnron

captnron Guest

Cools pics, sept for dat ugly guy.

Looks like a blast.

9. costefishnt

pentax optio w30. great camera for point and click. lots of features and it is waterproof. they say 10' for 30 minutes, but i have used it on the last 2 cruises (October 07 and March 08) on snorkle trips. I tend to spend more time around the 10' to 20' range and the camera was under water for 2-4 hours at a time. no probs yet.

10. JRH

JRH Well-Known Member

Coo pics, Curtis. Looks like you had a great trip.

I did that same cruise with my family about 6-7 years ago. The coolest thing about parasailing is how quiet it is once you are a couple hundred feet in the air. Eerie quiet.

11. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

Cool! I have the W20.... I was just curious, since it seemed like you had it in some deeper water.

12. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Been on that same trip and boat only with the kids. DOH!!

Looks like you guys had a ball.

13. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Cool pics Curtis, happy (belated) anninversary, took a 7-8 day last year, can't wait to do it again. Will take the kid next time!

14. Captain_Shane

Captain_Shane Well-Known Member

Nice report Curtis. Was that Nick Cage the movie guy you were refering to? Looks way cooler than Freeport Bahama.

15. costefishnt

that would be correct sir. his house was behind all of the greenery and the boat. nice pad i must admit, but his boat aint got nothin on my bote ;D