Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

341 - 360 of 363 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
She arrived at my laboratory yesterday! Travis brought me quite a bit of resin and a roll of cloth. I will need more to complete this girl but not right away. Anyone else willing to donate time, $, or materials/ hardware please let me know. Good things are going to come from this skiff project for all! Lot’s of
exciting news but you are gonna have to wait like everything else I do lol! Going to try to do a weekly update and answer any questions as well. This is a major undertaking and it will be absolutely straight, true, and beautiful when complete. I have some local help that have volunteered to get her back in shape. Maybe not by Christmas, but definitely by Fathers day!

Also, Kudos to Travis for getting it this far!!! Now she’s in my hands for the finally! 🤙🏻

·
Registered
2019 Jackson Mayfly, 2018 Jackson Kilroy DT
457 Posts
She arrived at my laboratory yesterday! Travis brought me quite a bit of resin and a roll of cloth. I will need more to complete this girl but not right away. Anyone else willing to donate time, $, or materials/ hardware please let me know. Good things are going to come from this skiff project for all! Lot’s of
exciting news but you are gonna have to wait like everything else I do lol! Going to try to do a weekly update and answer any questions as well. This is a major undertaking and it will be absolutely straight, true, and beautiful when complete. I have some local help that have volunteered to get her back in shape. Maybe not by Christmas, but definitely by Fathers day!

Also, Kudos to Travis for getting it this far!!! Now she’s in my hands for the finally! 🤙🏻
James, great news! Thanks for the update. I can throw you a few more bucks if needed. You can dm me with details (your mailing address) if that would help the cause. Good karma heading your way!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Thanks for the replies and pm’s guys. I’m not ready to accept any $ donations as of yet. Travis brought me some material, I have some on hand myself, and would like to put a cost analysis for completion together before proceeding with any further donations. I know many have already helped a lot and it is appreciated! I’ll update next week sometime with plans going forward.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks for the replies and pm’s guys. I’m not ready to accept any $ donations as of yet. Travis brought me some material, I have some on hand myself, and would like to put a cost analysis for completion together before proceeding with any further donations. I know many have already helped a lot and it is appreciated! I’ll update next week sometime with plans going forward.
Just let us know!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

It snowed in W. Central Fl today!😉
Here is the latest on this build...
We didn’t receive enough $ for a complete rebuild. Travis tried to puzzle piece the small scrap pieces of core but was unsuccessful. He and I talked a couple times and decided to inspect and rebuild the original if it was sound. It was structurally sound and after grinding down for inspection, Travis laid down a couple more layers of glass to be sure.
Well, with the extra glass she ended up a bit heavy so I started at it once again with the grinder to see where I could shave some weight and decided the best way to do this would be take her back as far as possible while making the running surface absolute true and flat then re glass once again. I want to say, I have not seen a single stress fracture and I have taken this thing down to foam in spots, the original laminate was solid! Travis, you did a great job on the lay up buddy!👊🏻

·
Registered
457 Posts
View attachment 160191
It snowed in W. Central Fl today!😉
Here is the latest on this build...
We didn’t receive enough $ for a complete rebuild. Travis tried to puzzle piece the small scrap pieces of core but was unsuccessful. He and I talked a couple times and decided to inspect and rebuild the original if it was sound. It was structurally sound and after grinding down for inspection, Travis laid down a couple more layers of glass to be sure.
Well, with the extra glass she ended up a bit heavy so I started at it once again with the grinder to see where I could shave some weight and decided the best way to do this would be take her back as far as possible while making the running surface absolute true and flat then re glass once again. I want to say, I have not seen a single stress fracture and I have taken this thing down to foam in spots, the original laminate was solid! Travis, you did a great job on the lay up buddy!👊🏻
Well I’m sure that if anyone can resurrect this skiff, it would be you!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I had some cool plans for this project but my intentions were misinterpreted as malicious and potentially making me look like a thief. Therefore, any further materials needed for this project... I will purchase out of pocket! With the materials Travis brought me “roll of glass, fairing compound, and about 20gallons resin along with the cash donations already received”, I/we should have enough to mostly complete the project. Again, anything more is on JCD!!! I want to thank anyone who donated cash, materials, or labor on this project! You are all top notch in my book. I will be moving forward fast with the X-Caliber mold “new name to be determined” and will be getting with Travis for your names/contact info. You have earned yourselves a big discount on a new skiff should you ever want one! Travis and I talked and I am going to send him some patterns so he can get started on the new cap, praying to wrap this one up fast! Take care, God bless!🙏🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I sent one to Travis
I’m sure he has it, he just brought me the skiff for now. I was going to fair then he and I complete together. You are awesome!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had some cool plans for this project but my intentions were misinterpreted as malicious and potentially making me look like a thief. Therefore, any further materials needed for this project... I will purchase out of pocket! With the materials Travis brought me “roll of glass, fairing compound, and about 20gallons resin along with the cash donations already received”, I/we should have enough to mostly complete the project. Again, anything more is on JCD!!! I want to thank anyone who donated cash, materials, or labor on this project! You are all top notch in my book. I will be moving forward fast with the X-Caliber mold “new name to be determined” and will be getting with Travis for your names/contact info. You have earned yourselves a big discount on a new skiff should you ever want one! Travis and I talked and I am going to send him some patterns so he can get started on the new cap, praying to wrap this one up fast! Take care, God bless!🙏🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
I can’t for the life of me imagine that anyone would ever view you as a thief. Nobody offers all that you’ve offered to this project with I’ll intentions. Chin up!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I can’t for the life of me imagine that anyone would ever view you as a thief. Nobody offers all that you’ve offered to this project with I’ll intentions. Chin up!
Not really a thief, just malicious intentions. No biggie at all. Moving on and absolutely no hard feelings! I get it completely. Once a person has been burned a few times it it difficult to trust anyone! I put my faith in the Lord and let him guide me though, he hasn’t let me down since!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Before we are all done with her, this skiff will be EPIC!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Ya’ll can count on that!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I have the bow hatch and gutter at my shop that I offered up earlier in this post.
Awesome! Gives me another excuse to come down to that side of the peninsula!!! Thank you Brian!!🔥🔥🔥👊🏻

341 - 360 of 363 Posts