Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love my 151. Awesome hull for the size. Oodles of storage and the side console is the better layout than center imho. The hull design is really cool, with a little pocket tunnel and bass boat style pad. I can answer any questions via DM about mine.

GLWS!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Technically that boat was built by Champion (Wylie sold BC to them in 98)
There's a whole story there that I don't remember the exact details of, but Wylie stayed on with Champion for a couple years after the initial sale. Tough to get a complete history on these boats 20 years later anyways.

Mine is a 98, looks identical to the OP's except the baitwell, power, and trailer. It's a great boat but it ain't a Yellowfin, so for most buyers I don't think it would matter whether Wylie was in the room when it popped from the mold or not.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Technically that boat was built by Champion (Wylie sold BC to them in 98)
Marshrat is correct. Wylie stayed on for some years after sale to help out, then saw the opportunity to capitalize on a different market.

Still a Back Country boat though. Technically Champion is a company name, it did not build the boat either. More so an experienced worker built the boat to Back Country standards from Wylie's design.

Marshrat, Yea, the bait well seems to be a coin flip on whether you find one with it or not. Side console though was a bit harder to find. I much prefer it due to the deck spacing usage it provides. Even in 16-18' CC, I find the usable deck spacing to be tight at times. Side console seems to work much better for flats boats.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know how many hours the motor has on it?

I do not. I can tell you I have put very little on it though. My bay spot was a flat with oyster beds 3 minutes from the ramp, or the docks 3 minutes the other direction. For the lake, typical bass fishing. Run to the area, troll long stretch for hours. Then run to a different spot a handful of minutes away. I have done a couple rides where I just cruise around back bays for an hour just looking for bait though.

Guy before me was a bass fisher of small Florida lakes, so probably similar usage to me.

I can tell you it's clean under the cowling, and never a lick of issue. Water pump and foot oil were changed just due to scheduled maintenance.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally able to get some new pictures up. Little dirty from the recent pollen drop. I'll probably take it out this weekend so I'll get a fresh wash on it if someone wants some cleaner pictures.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know the compression that Merc is putting out?
I do not. When I had the impeller and foot oil changed, I had the shop check the compression just to see what it was since it's always mentioned on the forums. They said it was all good and wrote it on the receipt, but I can't find that slip. I'll keep looking though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Up for sale is my 2001 Back Country 151 Pro Guide. Great boats and they have a nice little following. Has 50hp 2-stroke Mercury, which I believe is from the factory. None of that stern squatting with this guy. Floats level and smooth. Layout is one front smaller compartment for anchor and lines. Large front storage compartment. Another large rear compartment under the seat. I believe it's intended use was for ice and fish for guides/charter captains. Seen a lot of people make it battery storage and extra dry storage. Then on the left rear is a live/bait well (option from factory not on all 151's). Factory poling platform as well. This one still has the side console, which I prefer and actively looked for because it leaves much more usable deck space. Has an older fish finder, which I mainly use for depth. Rod tube/storage along left side.

Really great boat and quality built. Handles chop, floats shallow, and runs great. Never had an issue. In my opinion, it's the perfect flats boat that also doubles as a lake hopper if you want. Capable of zipping across the bay to other spots too. I've fished three on it without issue.

Guy I got it from wasn't a salt water guy. Used it in lakes. I've done salt and lake fishing. Never been in a slip, and always washed and flushed after salt water trips. Trailer's wheels/tires and bearings were replaced within the year. Motor's water pump and foot oil also changed within the year. Baitwell pump, live well pump, Nav lights are all less than a year old, as is the wiring running to them. All tinned copper and heat shrinked. Also new switches on the console.

From the factory these come with a textured top deck for grip. So it is a tiny bit harder to clean off, but you won't go slipping in the drink. No spider cracking issues. No busted hinges. No soft spots. Everything works.

The bad: Seat cushion has some stitching issues. Was going to get a new cover for it since I believe it's factory, but never did. Most the time I run without the cushion. That's all I can think of.

Price as-is: $7500
Or, I do have a brand new, in box, Motorguide Xi5 Saltwater 24v wireless trolling motor. GPS, spot lock, wireless remote steering, the whole nine. Plus, I purchased a really nice mount that allows you to slide the trolling motor overhang back so it doesn't bump your trailer when loading. $2k+ worth of goodies that I'll throw in for an extra 1,000, for a grand total of $8,500.

Turn key ready. I live on a lake, and can water test any day of the week. Just show up with a hat and sunglasses.

Located in Lake Panasoffkee, Fl. About 35 minutes south of Ocala, 45 minutes north of Tampa, or 45 minutes east of Crystal River.

Contact: Josh @ 609-408-391six. Feel free to call with questions. Title in hand.
What is the length and beam on the 151?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Measuring myself, it's about 15'6" length, and 6' beam. Could be off an inch or two due to just me holding tape.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts