b60 riverhawk 15 hp yamaha 2 smoke

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by riptide, Jul 10, 2010.

1. riptide

riptide Riptide Boat Works N.C.

Looking to get some ideas on propping the boat stainless or aluminum , if any body is running the same set up (or close)and checked their  rpms ?. i can get a yamaha tach but does a yamaha 15 have a tach wire? The decks in the boat are nidacore and its still light. Im open to any sugestions or opinons. btw i never have more than 2 people in the boat and the motor in the pic has been replaced with the yamaha[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

Get a yamaha stock propeller 3 blade 10.5" pitch. This propeller performs the best with a 15hp yamaha because it's faster with meets wot RPM.

I'm not crazy about a stock yami 11" pitch 3 blade propeller with "J" model because it's bit slower and bog the rpm down more because this propeller has a wide blade than a 10.5" pitch prop with a thinner blade and it's made for a 15hp 4-stroke yami.

Powertech stainless steel 3 blade SWA 10" pitch polished propeller is sweet prop for the yami 15.

3. riptide

thanks for the imput ,i have a 10 1/2 pitch j prop now and i t does seem to bog a little

4. Flyline

Okay Karl,

How's your motor mounted? Is your caviation plate mounted below or above the bottom of the hull?

What's your goal to make the best performance for your skiff and a 15hp motor?

5. riptide

the goal is to get better performance , and the cav plate is 1'' below the hull (using a straight edge)

6. Flyline

Why can you hold on the propeller for now and try to invest for a manual jackplate?

Add a jackplate to raise your motor 2-3" higher above the transom will improve the holeshot, more top speed and better performance.

Alots of people like us almost always add a jackplate on the gheenoe or a riverhawk before messing around with the propeller.

7. riptide

thanks ,i know a i have seen a lot of diffrent products, but can you recomend one from your previous experince, thanks for all the help