Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always been a fan of the original dare i say "splashed" old Beavertail hulls, never been in the market for an old BT , but remember they were always priced very reasonable. In the last year or so the used price on these old boats has really gone up in to more than sticker price 15 years ago. Anyone notice how they stay for sale too? Great hull design, we all where it comes from but a lot for a boat with no floor and some with bolt on plastic hatches...Maybe that has something to do with BT reputation these days, correct me if i misspeak but the old B1 and B2 came from Minnesota or Wisconsin from a different company with the same name...Not in the market for one just making an observation.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Boat was assembled by Beavertail in Avon Minnesota. Hull was built by http://www.carstensindustries.com
B2 lost the rear plastic hatches and went with molded in conventional glass hatches. The 2 small aft hatches were lost to make room for more foam to meet CG approval.
If not in the market, may I ask what peaks your interest?

·
Registered
89 Posts
ive seen them priced from 15k to 20+k

i have noticed as well that the prices have been a little all over the place for those models.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boat was assembled by Beavertail in Avon Minnesota. Hull was built by http://www.carstensindustries.com
B2 lost the rear plastic hatches and went with molded in conventional glass hatches. The 2 small aft hatches were lost to make room for more foam to meet CG approval.
If not in the market, may I ask what peaks your interest?
Stirring the MS Pot because its not right to post this sort of topic on someones for sale ad. Ive always admired the "splash" aspect, seen them priced from 8k with 25hp to nearly 30k with the old 2stroke.... NADA values about 10...at 25k they dont move.. These days you can pay the nearly the same for a used HB, bad ass they may be they are not the same boat.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Seems like many used HB are in pretty rough shape. Sitting outside unused? Heavily used? Or just older? Not an accurate count, just from observation. Most BTs I’ve seen used look pretty good. And far less available.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,813 Posts
Seems like many used HB are in pretty rough shape. Sitting outside unused? Heavily used? Or just older? Not an accurate count, just from observation. Most BTs I’ve seen used look pretty good. And far less available.
Mine's an '02 and look new.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nada value is crap. Look up a hells bay the same year the beavertails were made.hells bays nada go for far less the same years but i bet you wont find one listed at nada value. Honestly i own one and if you have fished on one you will see the value. Its ok to have a knock off since i cant justify 60k to catch a redfish. They should hold value for years to come.To me i really dont see why boats cost what they do these days.

·
Get Skinny...
122 Posts
I currently have one for sale, and I too was surprised at what they were selling for these days.

Which is why my price was listed where it’s at with best offer...
Three or four others at 25k or higher for sale.

although not a hells bay etc, for what this boat will do for its size with draft, poling and etc it’s hard to beat. Plastic Hatches or not.

My Boat gets used very often and it still looks great. Maybe it’s from being stored in the garage but it gets compliments all the time especially when someone asks how old it is.

If I wasn’t looking to make bigger water runs and close in beach fishing for tarpon the boat wouldn’t be getting sold.

But how many other boats are being sold for more than they are new? I remember having one of the first skimmer skiffs(IPB then) and I sold it for half of what people are selling them for now. many are 12k+ for a 14’ boat with a small tiller engine and portable plastic gas tank...

·
Registered
762 Posts
I currently have one for sale, and I too was surprised at what they were selling for these days.

Which is why my price was listed where it’s at with best offer...
Three or four others at 25k or higher for sale.

although not a hells bay etc, for what this boat will do for its size with draft, poling and etc it’s hard to beat. Plastic Hatches or not.

My Boat gets used very often and it still looks great. Maybe it’s from being stored in the garage but it gets compliments all the time especially when someone asks how old it is.

If I wasn’t looking to make bigger water runs and close in beach fishing for tarpon the boat wouldn’t be getting sold.

But how many other boats are being sold for more than they are new? I remember having one of the first skimmer skiffs(IPB then) and I sold it for half of what people are selling them for now. many are 12k+ for a 14’ boat with a small tiller engine and portable plastic gas tank...
what are you buying

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I personally would never pay more than about 18-20K for any old B2, regardless of the condition. They are not HB and will not significantly appreciate in value. Nice skiffs with good performance but the fit and finish are somewhat average, compared to what BT is now producing. Of course, they are worth whatever you can get for them, like any other commodity:).
Best,
Matt

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I personally would never pay more than about 18-20K for any old B2, regardless of the condition. They are not HB and will not significantly appreciate in value. Nice skiffs with good performance but the fit and finish are somewhat average, compared to what BT is now producing. Of course, they are worth whatever you can get for them, like any other commodity:).
Best,
Matt
Nice to know Matt. If I were selling, I would accept 18-20 in a heartbeat. I personally think it’s a desirable skiff. Particularly for those that don’t want too many frills. Fit and finish is good enough. Construction is outstanding. And it’s a cool design. Mine is a 2006. It’s held up very well.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Nice to know Matt. If I were selling, I would accept 18-20 in a heartbeat. I personally think it’s a desirable skiff. Particularly for those that don’t want too many frills. Fit and finish is good enough. Construction is outstanding. And it’s a cool design. Mine is a 2006. It’s held up very well.
Shoot, I had no idea this referenced a certain skiff for sale. It’s worth whatever a buyer will pay for it. Please accept my apology, if that is needed.
All the best,
Matt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts