B.O.H.I.C.A  (Bo He Ca)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom_C, May 23, 2008.

1. Tom_C

Tom_C Well-Known Member

Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

With the price of gas jumpping 4cts/gal the first day of the Holiday weekend I fell the Oil Companies are making sure we all fell the pain.

2. Captain_Shane

Captain_Shane Well-Known Member

1. America has enough oil in the ground to take care of all our domestic needs for many decades to come.

2. Sweet crude is a commodity, speculated and traded in the commoditys market. Since it is speculated on, the traders are instrumental in running up the market.

3. Special interest groups, corrupt politicians have used the judicial system to block further exploration and drilling in the area that hold the most promise for a continual domestic supply of crude. The areas not being contested are the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico. The area that holds the most promise is in the Alaskan Anwar region. Republican candidate, McCain has already stated that he is against drilling in the Anwar region. We will not get any help from the white house no matter who becomes president!

4. No new gas produceing refineries have been built in the last 20 years. The refineries that are on line are produceing at 90%-95% capacity allowing for repairs and routine maintenance. Every attempt to get a permit to build a new refinery has quickly been shot down in court by corrupt judges. Even if we are able to increase production of crude we have no way off refineing it.

5. The industrial boom going on in China has squeezed the existing avaliable crude. As the economy of China grows and other countries become more industrialised, the oil shortage will be magnified and gas could easily be in the $6/gal range in the near future.

The oil companys profit on a gallon of gas is about 8 cents. The federal and state government is taxing each gallon of gas at about 54 cents per gallon. The oil company are makeing record profits however the margin of profit is slim.

I am for going NUCLEAR :cool:

3. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

interesting comments...i tell all my family and friends to go ahead and just expect 4.00/gallon very soon...its coming no doubt....not sure what it is over there...i got gas this morning here by my house for the 4wheeler and lawnmowers, it was 3.70 for regular....and to think i have about 6 major oil refineries within 2 hour drive from my house...4 of them are within 1 hour drive...

4. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

$4.069 here now in ft lauderdale

5. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

Paid $3.86 x 23.5 gallons =$90.71 every 2 days for traveling = $272.13 a week x 4 weeks = $1088.52 a month to do my job.....was it nice?????? 1/2 price which i used to pay in 5 years back! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm losing money because of gas and truck maintaince!