Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thread was talking about axles. Made me think. Anyone ever replaced their torsion axle on the Bluerock trailer? Know the angle? Any other important ordering info? I suppose I could reach out to Bluerock.

·
Waitin' on the flood !
2009 Beavertail BTX powered by a 2020 Tohatsu MFS60
228 Posts
Another thread was talking about axles. Made me think. Anyone ever replaced their torsion axle on the Bluerock trailer? Know the angle? Any other important ordering info? I suppose I could reach out to Bluerock.
Currently in progress. Taking it to the local trailer place for an exact replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I replaced both on a dual axle Owens and Sons trailer I had, the same way as it shows in Terry’s pictures. Both took me around 4 hours start to finish, by myself. I did however get the replacements from Owens and Sons to be sure I got the correct ones. Put some pieces of roofing tar paper in between the axle and the frame, to help cut down on corrosion from the dissimilar metals.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info above. My axle is nowhere near that far gone. Mostly not getting a good deal on rear seal. Corrosion has reached the seal area.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Also don't expect the new torsion axle to exactly match the angle of your old one. I'm guessing the old one probably makes the trailers sit slightly lower because it has worn out over time and sags. When I bought an exact axle of the same dimensions as my last one it sat higher for a bit when new. If I'm wrong on this someone correct me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts