Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this themselves? What grit do boats like HB , Mav, BT, EC use from the factory? Spray or roll? Thinking about doing my B2, any opinions welcome

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probably should’ve told you the ratio.. it’s 8-10 oz of griptex to a gallon of paint. So break it down from there.. and that is by weight..use a 2.0 primer gun.
Are you mixing the griptex to the paint then spraying or are you dryspraying the griptex to the wet paint ? how many coats?

·
Registered
305 Posts
When i did my nonskid i did 1 table spoon of griptex to 6oz of paint, mixed in. Using a 1.4mm nozzle devilbiss gun. I found more than that clogged the gun. Prepped and primed the area like you would without non skid. I did 2 coats with the nonskid and came out pretty good.

·
Registered
Beryllium 17'
106 Posts
has anyone done this themselves? What grit do boats like HB , Mav, BT, EC use from the factory? Spray or roll? Thinking about doing my B2, any opinions welcome

I've tossed around the idea of doing the same on my B2. Are you going to sand out the diamond non side first??

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
This stuff looks pretty good. Soft Sand Rubber.

Reactions: SC on the FLY

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,527 Posts
I just rolled on Interlux non skid paint on my kids boat. It came out really good. It helps to tip it after you roll it to get the non skid additive evenly distributed. The texture is pretty coarse with just one coat. A 10-15% thinned top coat without additive would help.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I used Perfection w/ Intergrip on the floor of the Ankona I just purchased. It turned out very nice!
The first batch of Perfection w/ Intergrip was pretty hard to spread. I added thinner to the second batch and it went down like butter comparatively!
If you are rolling it, I found the “black” mini foam roller from Sherwin Williams to hold up much better than the others I purchased from Jamestown Distributors they recommended.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used Perfection w/ Intergrip on the floor of the Ankona I just purchased. It turned out very nice!
The first batch of Perfection w/ Intergrip was pretty hard to spread. I added thinner to the second batch and it went down like butter comparatively!
If you are rolling it, I found the “black” mini foam roller from Sherwin Williams to hold up much better than the others I purchased from Jamestown Distributors they recommended.
Pics of boat?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts