Awesome Riffle

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oysterbreath, Jan 3, 2012.

1. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

Here is a bit of advice... NEVER pick up a Steyr Elite!
    It will haunt you for days! I made that mistake today! The action is the SMOOOOOOOOTHEST bolt action I have ever touched. I'm left handed and could reach over and work the action with my pinky if I wanted too. Using my thumb, like I would normally with a right handed bolt, it was too easy! The trigger pull...ohhhhhh man I have never felt anything like it before! The balance with scope was perfect! I LOVE scout configured riffles too. I've been planning to buy a 581 series mini 14 and scout config it but after feeling the Steyr...my mind is all discombobulated!

I feel like a dude who was supposed to go shopping for a Ford station wagon and instead test drove a Lotus!

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Dude aint ya supposed to be building a boat! Get back to work! :D

3. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

accurate enough for snook?

4. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

only if you use golf ball tipped rounds... [smiley=happy.gif]

Using 308 you'd be blasting a dollar bill down range every time you pull the trigger, half a buck in 223.

5. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Haha , i got that one..

6. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Figured you would CR... ;)...FD is probably grinning too.

7. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

I heard about a drone flying around the inlet!!!!

8. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

I can't help myself!
    I just started looking into the Tikka T3 too.
    I just picked up a nice lil peice for my wife and was putting my grimmy paws all over the Tikka T3 lite in 308. Duuuuuuude, that's prolly the best bang for your buck bolt action 308 going!!!!!!!!

9. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

I had a Styr Pro Hunter that was the best "out of the box" till I bought a Savage Tacticle. ;)