Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

If you were doing a last minute trip to ATX and had the weekend off, where could one go to get his Texas saltwater fly fishing v-card taken? Rockport? Port Aransas? Very keen to throw a fly in Texas waters for the first time ever.

Anyone have a leads on good guides to call?

Fly shops?

What’s “in season” this time of year down there?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Need to also remember that the salt is a good 2.5-3 hours away from Austin depending on which part you head to. While I haven't begun to fly fish I know several who do and we have plenty of rivers, creeks, and streams that you can find plenty of action. Google fly fishing around Austin and think you'll find plenty.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
254 Posts
hey guys,

If you were doing a last minute trip to ATX and had the weekend off, where could one go to get his Texas saltwater fly fishing v-card taken? Rockport? Port Aransas? Very keen to throw a fly in Texas waters for the first time ever.

Anyone have a leads on good guides to call?

Fly shops?

What’s “in season” this time of year down there?

Thanks in advance!
For fly shops go to Sportsman’s Finest out on Bee Cave rd. One of the best shops I’ve ever been to. I would go there, shop a bit and they will give you all the advice you will need. You can also try this for guides: http://www.flyfishingguidedirectory.com/texas.html. You can’t go wrong with Chuck Naiser, but there are a lot
of good fly fishing guides. The guys at the shop can assist.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd go to Seadrift or Rockport from Austin for the shortest trip.

May also hit up the All Water Guides crew there in ATX, it's a great time to fish the rivers in that area.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,399 Posts
I'd go to Seadrift or Rockport from Austin for the shortest trip.

May also hit up the All Water Guides crew there in ATX, it's a great time to fish the rivers in that area.
I think All Water guide crew is running some mid coast salt trips, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts