Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Scout 221 Winyah Bay
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm Tyler Hull!

Some of you may have already seen my post in the Boat Yard Basics forums regarding the Atlas Micro Reinforcement Kits that myself and a friend of mine created. If not, link is here (Atlas Micro Reinforcement Kit).

Long story short, my friend who is a local fabricator (and avid microskiff enthusiast) gave me a suggestion of some modifications to the Atlas plate that a lot of microskiff folks have issues with. I decided to use this along with some other ideas I've had for a while to initiate my own small business that I've dreamed of starting for quite some time.

There are a couple folks on this forum that have installed these kits to beef up and reinforce their Atlas Micros and have had some kind words to say about the effectiveness. I mounted a test unit up in my garage with a Suzuki 115 (425lbs) and it runs smooth as butter. This design eliminates some of the issues with the original design that allow too much slop straight from the factory and after use, which prevents walking and binding that eventually leads to actuator failure. I have had a few folks scoff at the price but I can assure you that they are made with high quality components and final kitting occurs in my backyard shop in Wilmington, NC.

I have used 316SS for all metallic components and incorporate UHMW film to segregate any stainless components from aluminum to reduce the impact of galvanic corrosion. Additionally, the design allows for a higher clamp-load on the load bearing studs/bolts so that you don't encounter the fatigue and loosening that the original design undergoes.

Price is currently $150 plus shipping from NC. The only modification to your Atlas Micro is the drilling of the four 1/2"-13 threaded holes in the transom plates to 0.500" to accommodate the reinforcement plate and studs.

My website is www.hullmarineproducts.com - as of right now you can order by sending me a PM. I am still working on getting the site up and running with a full function web-store.

I'm happy to give out my email and phone number via PM or by website inquiry but in the sake of not receiving a plethora of spam on my cell or email I won't post it directly here for now. Happy to chat and here to help!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is this a shim to take up the factory clearance?
It is not a shim. It is a bracket with welded studs that replaces the weak bolt in aluminum configuration as designed from the factory. There are a few things going on different than the original design, but ultimately it eliminates how the factory design is prone to allowing movement in other directions than up/down.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All - I've sold out of my first batch of these - so far the response has been great. Thank you to the select few that got in on the first run.

I've just placed an order for the next batch of kits so please let me know if you'd like one before the Spring/Summer rolls around!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have three kits left in this incoming batch that are not spoken for already. Let me know if you’d like one, they will ship out by the end of this week.

Even if you don’t make this lot, my machine shop is only about two weeks out. Get ready for warmer weather now!

Thank you for all the support thus far. Hoping to get some more goodies developed for the community in the near future.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have three kits left in this incoming batch that are not spoken for already. Let me know if you’d like one, they will ship out by the end of this week.

Even if you don’t make this lot, my machine shop is only about two weeks out. Get ready for warmer weather now!

Thank you for all the support thus far. Hoping to get some more goodies developed for the community in the near future.
Are there any design differences between this batch and next?

If no differences then I'll take next available. Let me know

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All of these have been sold. I have machined parts for more kits on order. I should have new parts in about 10 business days. The first 10 will go for $150. After that the price is going to increase to $165. I appreciate the support thus far and hopefully everyone is seeing the benefits of this product!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
All of these have been sold. I have machined parts for more kits on order. I should have new parts in about 10 business days. The first 10 will go for $150. After that the price is going to increase to $165. I appreciate the support thus far and hopefully everyone is seeing the benefits of this product!
Machine shop is taking a bit longer than usual. I just got notification from them that my parts are scheduled to ship this Wednesday (17th) so for anyone that has ordered a kit recently, I should have these shipping out by week's end. I have 13 that are unspoken for as of right now.

I am also going to start offering a replacement long bolt and spacer as an option or separate purchase for the kit. This will replace the 9.5" bolt, nut and aluminum spacers on either side of the actuator since many folks have issues with these and need to cut them out for service.

As another note - I have decided to keep the price at $150 per kit plus shipping and have launched my webstore at my website. I have flat rate shipping for the lower 48 at the moment for $15 via UPS. Please visit www.hullmarineproducts.com to order! Thank you everyone for the continued support.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally got parts from the machine shop. Just shipped out to everyone that was waiting on a kit and have four more ready to go. Will have 10 more kits here before the end of the week as well. I really appreciate everyone's patience!

Please reach out if you're thinking of getting one so I can gauge interest for my next order quantity! Get ready for summertime!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just wanted to drop an update. I have 9 more of these left in stock. I have spare actuator hardware kits as well, complete with spacers and 9.5" long SS bolt. This is already available as an add-on but will make it a separate option on the website as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts