Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here we go:

1 - I am a gear junkie and I have a problem buying and selling rods.
2 - I will probably regret selling it.
3 - Backbone just replied...and I regret listing it.
4 - I fish 8/9/10 weights, but mostly 9 and 10, in a few different rods. I’m trying to consolidate into one or two lines of rods.
4 - The majority of flies I throw are large clousers and crabs. I feel that some of my other rods have done a better job with this. The solution could also be a 10 wt Asquith but that’s not the direction I’ve chosen.

I was going to sell my 9 wt as well but I might keep that now.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
691 Posts
the 10 wt asquith is a beast of a rod - I have it in all 4 line weights - 8 through 11. I can throw a 9wt BTT line or a 10 wt airfo- you can throw it all day long blind casting and still land a 100 pound poon if needed. IN a sense it is my favorite of all the weights.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 10 wt asquith is a beast of a rod - I have it in all 4 line weights - 8 through 11. I can throw a 9wt BTT line or a 10 wt airfo- you can throw it all day long blind casting and still land a 100 pound poon if needed. IN a sense it is my favorite of all the weights.
Have you always used Loomis or did you switch from other rods?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
691 Posts
Mostly liked loomis- had tfo and sage previously. I think there are other great rods- but the asquith is the best I've tried

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not to derail your FS thread, but I have thrown all major manufacturers rods, and the Asquith beats them all! I own the 12wt and it throws like a 10wt but has the backbone of the 12!!! I wanted to hate it, but real is real.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This rod has been sold. I have a 9 wt that might be up for sale soon. Let me know if you have any interest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts