Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Arapaima Found in Cape Coral

5K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  AZ_squid 
#1 ·
No pics or anything but looks like someone released an Arapaima and it was found dead.

I hate that there are invasive species here and it seems like we aren't going back. I'm sure it's an aquarium release.

#22 ·
You are correct, the Barra farms need to be heavily regulated so that there aren't any "accidental" releases into our Florida native waters to continue to devastate our own local ecosystem. The Burmese python is another perfect example. All of this also goes for the zebra mussels up north (more ocean going merchant ships), Chinese carp, snakehead fish, lampray eels, zebra fish etc. Our own populations globally do enough harm to our own individually local ecosystems with pollution and such (corporate farming with industrial fertilization= red tide) that we don't need to add anything else to it! If any of these foreign invaders (non-human) were meant to populate other areas then evolution and Mother Nature will find a way on it's own.

I don't know if you're trolling some sort of immigration angle? But I don't have a problem with populations moving about as long as it is done within the legal/lawful channels! My wife and I are both 1st generation Americans by way of legal migrants. I am also a US Army vet that took an oath to uphold the laws of this land (the constitution) and it doesn't have an expiration date on it. A diverse population in this country is a good thing as it was founded on those principles. As long as immigrants assimilate to our national fabric, customs and laws.

If this is not what you meant, then rant over and no ill intent meant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.