Aquarium bragging spot?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bissell, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Bissell

Bissell Microskiff.com... Priceless!

If anyone is like me, fishing isn't enough. I have to have fish next to my bed 24/7 lol anyone else have any aqariums? It's a cool hobby I enjoy. I'm currently restocking my cichlid tank after switching from gravel to sand.

[​IMG]

2. disporks

disporks I Love microskiff.com!

I have a 5 gal tank that I had two cichlids in but we ended up tearing it down recently after a red algae infestation. Both cichlids ended up dying. Gonna work on putting some better quality sand and plants in there after a very thourough scrubbing when I get some time. I miss seeing my fish. One was a blue/purple cichlid that liked to stay in his cave and the other was bright yellow/orange and liked to be in the open water...

Eventually plan on having a saltwater tank in the future with live plants etc but thats after I find a house to put it in.
    Nice tank!

3. Rediculous

Rediculous Boozle on...

I had a reef tank for many years, I would admire it every day for hours on end. When the moon lights were on, it was a completely different tank than when the day lights were on. I swear it would change by the minute, and creatures I didn't even know were in there, would crawl out from the live rock after being in the tank for weeks or months. Eventually, the eco-system I made started to crash, and at that time, I didn't have enough money or the time to save it. It still kills me to this day, that I no longer have it. But, it was one of the most satisfying hobbies I've ever dove head first into and I'll do it again someday.

This is the only picture I have left, but I'm lucky to still at least have this one.
    [​IMG]

4. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

Here is our 120 reef.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Older shot

[​IMG]

Equipment room
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Bissell

Those are sick, I haven't pulled the plug on spending the money on a salt water tank just yet. But one of these days I will have one.

Here's my cichlid tank I just finished setting up, added another 20 pounds of sand and put a plastic grid in the bottom to support the slate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Bissell

[​IMG]
    Two jewels I added, I also have a peacock and a blue one I'm not sure the name of, but it's an African..

7. Sheremeta

Looking good. It's amazing how the cichlid in the last photo looks like an anthias. They did evolve from marine fish after all.

8. Rediculous

Rediculous Boozle on...

Wow, Cola... That's a serious set-up. I wanted to, but I never got into the hard corals. Do you propagate to sell? Or to supply your own tanks?

9. Sheremeta

Thanks. I was selling but lost the interest due to time and not wanting strangers at my house. I still have a handful of regulars and sell to a few retail locations which funds the maintenance on the tanks and subsidizes the power bill. I'm hoping the government bans the importation of coral because then it would be worth starting a large scale grow out operation. I'm ready and have everything needed.