Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Anyone running FMT on a 9" Screen

10K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Jumbo Jet 
#1 ·
I am set on adding FMT to my skiff, but don't want to drop the scratch on a 12" screen.

Is anyone running it on a 9" plotter and if so which one and how are you liking it for FMT?

Thanks in advance guys

#6 ·
Running an Elite TI9 as well. Love it!!! My buddy runs it on a simrad GO9 and I slightly prefer his unit. The fact that the elite lacks pinch to zoom kinda bothers me though. That’s the only thing I would change, otherwise it’s a game changer like everyone claims!

#11 ·
Running FMT on an Elite Ti2 nine inch. Keeping my boat in Homosassa area this winter and given the many underwater hazards there that can wreck a lower unit, it's been hugely helpful, especially when venturing into areas without formally marked channels. Went with Ti2 on Glenn's recommendation re: better screen than Ti. Would probably like a 12 inch better but the 12 inch was $2k vs $1k for the nine, so I'm fine with what I have.

Reactions: Guvner
#14 ·
The screens on the Elite Ti are inferior to the Ti2 and the images look much better on the Ti2.
EVO unit screens are excellent but I would opt for a 12" Lowrance Carbon before the Evo3 9 as the screen res is better and it's bigger and is also less $.
If I remember you're the guy behind FMT? I purchased the FMT and selected the 9" option, What will I need to do if I upgrade to a newer 12" unit? I'm assuming the chip I have now is different.

#17 ·
That extra $1K would probably stop me from getting it at least for quite a while, so if others are using it and doing ok with it on a 9" that's the way I will go. It's not like I will be using it every time I am out, I know my local waters well. I am more interested in it for the maybe 3 or 4 trips a year I plan to make to the Keys or Homosassa areas.

Thanks guys I feel much better about it now

#22 ·
I am running FMT on a 9" as well. Had a GO9 first, but recently upgraded to the NSS9 Evo3 about a week ago. Resolution is amazing. Biggest I could fit on my console was a 9, but its plenty big.

I this a Beavertail Mosquito? Just got the Evo3 9" and FMT for christmas and can't decide how I want to mount it on my mosquito with the cup holders in the way. Thought about flush mounting but I've been told that the steering wheel covers up too much of the display. Do you think it's an issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.