Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am running FMT on a 9" as well. Had a GO9 first, but recently upgraded to the NSS9 Evo3 about a week ago. Resolution is amazing. Biggest I could fit on my console was a 9, but its plenty big.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am running FMT on a 9" as well. Had a GO9 first, but recently upgraded to the NSS9 Evo3 about a week ago. Resolution is amazing. Biggest I could fit on my console was a 9, but its plenty big.

I this a Beavertail Mosquito? Just got the Evo3 9" and FMT for christmas and can't decide how I want to mount it on my mosquito with the cup holders in the way. Thought about flush mounting but I've been told that the steering wheel covers up too much of the display. Do you think it's an issue?

·
Registered
130 Posts
How much more do you love the Evo3 over the GO series? I have the Go9 and, while it serves its purpose, look forward to upgrading soon.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm looking for some reports on the new Lowrance Elite FS. Supposed to be improvement over the TI series in resolution. The 9 is is $1200

·
Registered
209 Posts
I this a Beavertail Mosquito? Just got the Evo3 9" and FMT for christmas and can't decide how I want to mount it on my mosquito with the cup holders in the way. Thought about flush mounting but I've been told that the steering wheel covers up too much of the display. Do you think it's an issue?
Yes Thomas, it is a BT Mosquito. For me, I absolutely love the flush mount. I have no issues to speak of with it being flush mounted. It looks super clean, and visibility is great, it’s right where I need it to be. It’s super easy to just glance down to follow a track. My brother in law has a NSS12 Evo3 mounted on a Ballz Out mount. It looks amazing, but it’s right in your face when driving, and he seems to have to lean over a bit to kind of look around it when running a tight track. The NSS9 was the largest I could fit in the Mosquito console. I originally built the boat with the GO9, but that unit was total crap. It looked cool being all flush mount and smooth, but trying to run in chop and zoom in and out totally sucked. It constantly crashed, deleting all my tracks and waypoints. Simrad was kind enough to let me trade it in and upgrade it to the NSS9. I guess I got the right guy on the right day because I’ve heard they normally don’t do that. Haven’t had a single issue with the NSS9 since the trade. It’s a great unit.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts