Anyone Open carry a sub 6" Fixed blade Knife ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Feb 21, 2014.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

In my day to day I open carry a 4 1/4" fixed blade and don't give it a second thoughts but

I think a few "Blue Staters" are a little nervous when they see it ...

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Day to day? Old Buck 110 folder, always on me.
    Hunting? Buck 121, 5.5" blade in a belt sheath.
    Fishing? Buck 127 9" blade, in easy reach.

3. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

If I could carry a knife every day I would carry two;

Everyday knife a buck crosslock. Keep one in the car and on my belt whenever in the woods. I wind up playing with the one in the car when driving as it just fits the hand, I the gut hook on it to open boxes without damaging contents, cut box straps, etc., and the one on my belt for all types of woodsy-stuff.

If I'm hunting; a Case CA5562 drop point hunter with rosewood handle. I absolutely love how this knife sits in the hand, it holds an edge and it is very easy to skin with. If you find one, buy it as they've been discontinued. When I heard they were going the way of the dinosaur I bought a bunch and put them in my safe. I'm a happy man when carrying it.

4. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

wanna trade one some of those ca5562  for some goodies ............?

i know your interested... ;)

5. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

I'll be on the lookout for one for sure ...

[​IMG]

6. Alex4188

Alex4188 I Love microskiff.com!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The first one is a fixed blade WSK i hand forged (bad pic). It is about 11.5" long (over all length) with a blade that is about 5.75" long and 1/4" thick. Mahogany handles. It is sharp enough to shave with and can chop trees just as fast as any hand axe. I built this as my do anything woods knife.
    The second is a Col. Rex Applegate made by Gerber that I have on me at all times. Carried it in Korea/Italy/Germany/Poland/Romania every where it is by far the best folder I've ever used. Used it for everything in the military and after giving it a 5 year torture test (16 years of of owning it) it is in amazing condition for it's age and abuse! I never thought it would last close to this when i bought it in '98. I had to add up the time twice, I couldn't believe ive had it this long! I guess it was the best $125 I ever spent come to think of it, it outlasted 4 cars, 2 boats, 3 glocks, a dozen girlfriends , and a wife! lol  ;D