Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
On March 15, between 7 and 11 p.m., three men removed a tarpon from the water and killed it at Calusa Campground Resort & Marina in Key Largo, FWC officials say.

Registration records,employees etc........etc.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
No doubt FWC saw pic on social media. Listening to a Tom Rowland podcast with a game warden, leaned that FWC scans social media for violators. Even holding Tarpon too far out of the water for a pic before release. Or a Goliath Grouper.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,813 Posts
No doubt FWC saw pic on social media. Listening to a Tom Rowland podcast with a game warden, leaned that FWC scans social media for violators. Even holding Tarpon too far out of the water for a pic before release. Or a Goliath Grouper.
And yet when theres massive spills of chemicals that kill entire ecosystems, FWC doesn't find anyone.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
I sure would like to witness something like this. I guarantee the suspects would be caught!😉

Reactions: permitchaser

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m not for keeping or killing a tarpon in anyway. They have zero food value.
HOWEVER, the law states you can keep one with a tag.
If there’s more to having a tag, I feel like it should be clarified.
it does say that it should be purchased when in pursuit of the IFGA record.
is that the only time you can use the tag? Does it have to be a record to keep it?

I seriously doubt these guys have a tag. But I’m not a fan of guilty until proven innocent.

Before I’m ostracized, I’d rather see tags go away and the fish protected.
on the other hand,if I ever visit costa rica, I want to catch a short snook, out of season (Florida season) and post it on social media to watch people meltdown for me keeping a legal fish In another country.

·
Registered
708 Posts
In my youth, I knew guys who would have posed like this with a wall mount tarpon just to wind everyone up. Not that I ever did anything stupid and embarrassing as a teenager.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts