Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a skiff on Craigslist that caught my eye. Before I go look at it...any info would be great. It’s listed as a 1984 15 1/2ft Anacapri flats boat. Couldn’t find any info on them.
Boat Vehicle Water transportation Speedboat Watercraft
Water transportation Vehicle Boat Skiff Speedboat
Segmental bridge Vehicle Naval architecture Architecture Bridge
Water transportation Boat Vehicle Plant community Inflatable boat
Water transportation Boat Vehicle Plant community Inflatable boat

·
I Love microskiff.com!
90 Posts
Old Miami boat builder, probably no longer in business. My brother owned one of their larger offshore boats and a good friend had one built from the factory as a snapper/grouper commercial boat; good quality builds.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
As already noted - good solid boats that were built down here for years -but probably not a lightweight rig... I never heard of them working with composites so I'd expect to find a wooden transom and deck under generous amounts of glass.... Don't believe I've ever seen or heard of a small skiff by them. Depending on your needs and how you plan to use it - that might be something worth owning - or not...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info! Just looking for a decent little skiff to fish the flats. Biggest concern for me was weight of the boat and the wood still being solid. A somewhat dry ride and getting into 8” or so of water is all I need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.