Anyone else watch River Monsters?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dpack10, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Dpack10

Dpack10 Well-Known Member

Great show, Jeremy Wade has it made.

2. TampaFlyGirl

TampaFlyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm watching the show right now featuring Tarpon. Some of it is making me giggle, but some of it is pretty interesting. I didn't like his previous seasons where he did a lot of tossing out bait and sitting around....I like the fact that in recent shows, he's doing a lot more ACTIVE fishing with artificial lures...and he's learning to fly fish.

3. FlyWrecker

FlyWrecker Well-Known Member

LOL, I saw this post earlier...then by luck, I just finished watching the tarpon episode... and I've spent the last 19 minutes trying to find if there is a new outfitter offering that trip in Nicaragua...a couple guys made a movie in the same area a few years ago called Tapam...I think I found their contact information.

Then I wasted a couple minutes looking for my passport, checked my bank account.

I lived there for a while, my wife is from there...summer is coming up really soon, time to visit the in-laws (for about 30 seconds).

I chased those things out of a borrowed homemade canoe couple years back, without any luck.

Anyone else want to go?

4. Dpack10

Dpack10 Well-Known Member

Fly, do you offer Fly Lessons year around?

5. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

I want to see some 500-600 pound tarpon!! They are killer fish looking to take the locals down!! [smiley=1-lmao.gif]

6. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

7. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Im sorry but I cant watch a show about catching catfish eels and stingrays... even if they are big.
    One episode he caught a goliath grouper and it absolutely whipped his butt. Haha

8. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

I watch it and like it but my favorite is Larry Dahlberg's Hunt for Big Fish http://huntforbigfish.com/