Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left side wheel looks noticeably farther forward inside the fender compared to the right. I can’t see anything off with the axle, or any other components and it performs perfectly, it just seems a bit off. 9E2B06FF-C153-4D4D-8EDA-8C4FA5ABDBD7.jpeg 23AA3DD3-1159-4EE4-A73F-7E4E418A072B.jpeg

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,269 Posts
Then move it back a little bit. If you don't have any weird wear patterns on your tires I wouldn't stress too much about it. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to center the wheels inside the fenders if it bothers you.
How is it a few minute job?

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,269 Posts
I’ve recently seen the same thing on a HB trailer under a 2002 Whipray 17.8. Torsion axles do that affer they get a little relaxed. Slot the holes and move the axle or get smaller tires.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only adjustment that I see is in image 1. It seems to only be slotted inside and out not front to back. I haven’t jacked it up and got into yet, I was just curious if it was a common thing. My Lostmen Ramlin sat pretty even, or at least I never noticed if it didn’t. E52F1119-7445-4B31-9890-7A7B4864E73B.jpeg EDDC83DF-10A1-453F-BC92-6F4203647DBA.jpeg 54A1E4C3-B71C-4669-9120-76F7B086F0DA.jpeg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
4,501 Posts
Whats your dad think?

Reactions: yobata

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
It is a torsion axle correct?

Axle miss aligned...wear pattern?

I think you may have the wrong hub set up...if it is low like it looks

Who makes the trailer?

Call them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Torsion arms could be starting to slip which can push the tires forward and up into the fender. Similar issue on my 10 yr old ramlin hb trailer. But as others have said call ramlin with pics and trailer vin.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I pulled both wheels off tonight and pulled several measurements, everything is within an 1/8” or closer. Tires are wearing even with no visible issues. I did notice some tire marks on the inside of the fender so I guess it’s NOT performing perfectly and needs to be addressed. Torsion arms looked good on each side. Tried to reach someone today at Ram-Lin with no luck so I left a message. Currently stumped.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took it to a couple shops here in town. One says the arms are worn out the other says the spindle is bent. Called Ram-Lin and spoke with Tito (great guy to deal with). Ended up going with a new 10 degree down axle to accommodate the 14" tires. Placing a straight edge of the bulge of the left tire and measuring the front and rear to the adjacent frame rail, the front of the tire measures an inch closer than the rear. Right side tire is under a 1/4 inch in difference. He did tell me Ram-Lin is now putting 1900# axles under the Waterman instead of the previous 1500#. I hope his resolves the issue and squares everything up. Thanks for all the input.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts