Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Rex Kwan Do Dojo
3,098 Posts
My last skiff was a Silver King and we called it The Silver King, lol.

My new one got this nickname from my wife. Before I bought it she wanted to remodel the kitchen. Instead I bought the skiff. Her first name begins with a B. So she affectionately called it B,,,,,,,'s Kitchen

Don't feel bad for her though as she got her remodel.

Edit: Now that the kitchen is done we may need a name.
I don’t feel bad for her, I feel bad for you. They never stop at the kitchen! Lol.

· Registered
2013 maverick hpx-v 18, 2017 Pathfinder 2200 tournament
100 Posts
Got a black hull maverick. Named it the black pearl. I've always been taught if you don't name it, its supposed to be bad luck.

Reactions: DeltaFlyer and Zika

· I Love Skinny Water
8,014 Posts
I haven’t named my flats boat yet and probably won’t. It has Mirage on the side so I’ll stick with that. My son in law has an off shore Grady White and since they have 2 English Labs they named it “Water Dog”

Reactions: Zika

· Registered
1,241 Posts
I like naming my boats, although I never usually got around to putting the name on my skiffs until my last one, this BT Mosquito that I named, "Mozzi," which is Australian slang for.... The reason I did it was my business has a graphic printing machine and someone who does it. So I just tell her what I want and she makes it for me. We also redid all the Zuke logos.
Water Cloud Sky Boat Naval architecture

Hood Motor vehicle Plant Tree Automotive design

· Registered
6,014 Posts
My favorite boat name? "Dat Damn Boat" - seen every day in front of a local house here in Broward county... My own boat names....

Bone Breaker (76 - 83) in large letters on each side, a custom rigged Starcraft that we fished everywhere (my club boat when naming boats like advertising signs was all the rage..).

SeaSaw (82 -87) a fully restored baby SeaCraft - by then I wasn't putting a visible name on anything...

TipToe (88 to the present) my current old maverick skiff - named for how it's supposed to be used...

· Registered
2003 Action Craft 1720 SE
140 Posts
Seeing all those flies there, was that a bad day of fishing? I would only have about two with the third one still on the rod if I had a good day. I told my wife I was going to name my boat after my mother, she told me to get rid of it or change the name.
Just lazy and hate putting salt soaked flies back in my box lol. That being said, could have been a big searching pattern day 🤣

21 - 40 of 51 Posts