any of you guys have one of these?

Discussion in 'Big Boat Bragging Spot' started by Alex4188, May 7, 2014.

1. Alex4188

Alex4188 I Love microskiff.com!

[​IMG]
    I've been shopping around and looking at this for a long time, thinking about buying it pretty soon but wanted to hear some feed back from some one that has one. I like the foam core construction- extra level of safety
    2014 carolina skiff 23' ultra elite ss

2. Alex4188

[​IMG]
    Picked it up Friday! 1 of 2 best days of boat ownership! lol ;D

3. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

I like the lines on it.

4. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

Looks sweet, put some time on it then lets hear a review on it.

5. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

X2

6. Alex4188

Thanks guys will do, so far it feels every bit as stable as my buddy's 25' Trophy with twins and mine is half it's weight. Still in the break in period of the engine it now has 5 hrs on it and I've only had it up to 4000 rpm. It's not under powered with the 150 yah 4 stroke but it isn't going to be fast either. At 4000 it does 32 and will stay on plane at about 15

7. Alex4188

a quick review- I got it last week and put 18hrs and 100 miles on it. At idle it gets .9GPH, just fast enough to stay on plane gets about 4GPH and 5500rpm @45MPH burns 15GPH. I took it 10 miles out for some grouper and it handled 2-3' seas like a dream! I was very suprised at how well it handles waves and wakes. there is a shallow sand bar ya have to go over to get into an area pass- stayes on plane and it scooted across 12"-15" sand bar with out any problem or touching bottom. It has plenty of rod storage, 2 rod holders in each gunnel, 8 along each wall of the gunnel along the sides, 4 rocket launchers in the seat and 4 more along the t-top so I can hold 28 rods! the wide nose does make the boat more stable and has a ton of storage! the wrap around front seats are all storage- the floor has a hatch infront of the console and it is about 20" deep and it goes from the front of the console all the way up to the front seast so it is probably 4' wide x 4' long x 20" deep. Its not bad with the 150hp Yah and I'm not in a hurry but even though it does just fine i think the boat would be better suited with a 200hp. It maxes out at 43-45mph, the speed limit in the bay is 30 and off shore in 2'-3' seas its not fun blasting through waves at 45mph so I'm good with it but the boat holds much more potential and would benifit from more power. My only complaint is the 2 console cup holders are on the right side of the console and are a pain to reach from the drivers seat if some one is sitting next to you. [smiley=1-beer-german.gif] [smiley=1-beer-german.gif]

Capt Rhan likes this.