Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Any interest in quick-detach line management spikes?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Backwater 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I have designed a line management spike (patent pending) that has a quick detach feature so you’re able to remove the spikes for non fishing days / not fly fishing. I designed the spikes because I hate the line layer mats and also the stripping buckets (both take up too much room on the boat). I also cover my boat and that wouldn’t work with fixed spikes. Took about a year to design and I should be receiving a prototype soon so I’ll post pics then. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this sort of fly line management? I’m debating to sell them or if there is something else similar out there? Looking for any feed back good and bad!! I will upload pics once I receive them and post videos of the quick detach. So the base will be fixed on the boat with adhesive (or screwed if preferred) and the rubber spike will have a small plate on the bottom that slides into the base. So without the spike it’s about 1/4 inch off the deck ( basically flush mount) I am able
To have different colors to match the deck. Please let me know if the fly fishing community has any Interest in this! And it’s all patent pending. Thanks everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.