Any good chevy truck forums out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mark_gardner, Jul 18, 2015.

1. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

Hey guys im looking for a good forum for chevy trucks much like this one is to microskiffs, im a member of the tahoeyukon forum but seems a bit slow as in not much participation...... I have both a z71 pickup and a tahoe so having a place to go for info pertaining to these truck would be great :cool: thanks in advance

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Good Chevy truck...not absolutely positive, but I'm thinkin' that may be an oxymoron. :-?

3. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

If you sell the Chevy and buy a Tundra then just imagine all the spare time you will have not having to search forums everytime your wipers come on when you use your turn signal :D

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

What is wrong with you...haven't all of these F'ing Chevy ads on this site driven you to sell those trucks and buy anything but them?

Hell, I even get an executive discount on them and can't bring myself to buy that crap.

5. mark_gardner

Lol!!! You make a good point about these pop up ads they are a pita :mad: just trying to reply here was a job :D i guess i left myself wide open for the chevy bash but coming from you guys i would expect nothing less.... Lol ::)

6. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

That's how we treat family.
    Just imagine if we didn't like ya'?  :-?

7. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

Don't know about any good forums but I'm done with Ford products.  I have a 2010 Tahoe with 125K miles and not even a rattle or hiccup.

Had a 2014 Ford Explorer Ecoboost and its gone thru 2 trannies, 2 window motors, new windshield gaskets, driver power seat motor, new lift gate etc etc etc.  It's was in the shop 11.5 weeks in the first 13 months of ownership.  Just traded it in and can't say how happy I am the POS is gone. My neighbor just had to replace a 2015 Powerstroke engine due to manufacturing issue…he ain't happy.

I know nobody cares but I had to vent. I'm gonna wear a Chevy bow tie for life after these nightmares!   :eek:

8. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Haven't owned a Ford since the great alternator module problems of the 90's.
    Do you remember those?
    Y'er Ford vehicle could catch fire without you even having the key in the ignition.
    Module would overheat, start the plastic on fire, leave the front half of the vehicle toast.
    my Crown Vic went the flambeau route while at the dealership for a tune up.
    Dealership and Ford both denied any responsibility.
    My insurance company had to be the one to tell me about the problem.
    Ford, the dealerships and the insurance adjusters all knew about it.
    The adjuster said "If I owned a Ford, I'd park it far away from anything valuable."

9. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Ever since college I have driven German and have not looked back.

Drove a VW rabbit 496,357 miles, recently got rid of an Audi with 390k, previously a MB S with 330k, and currently have a VW with 216k and wife has an Audi with 60k. Also have a Dodge with 246k and a fleet of F150's all with more than 150k.

Sorry GM - I will never be back (if you put a diesel in the Canyon, you may make the short list)

10. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

You must be a lucky man. I had a 08 Tahoe and it was the biggest pile of crap to ever exist. Endless electrical issues, new tranny at 60k and a rear main seal leak replaced twice. Glad to atleast someone has some Tahoe luck :(

11. mark_gardner

Just replaced the starter today on my 02 z71 pickup with 198000 miles..... All in All its been a good truck considering its been thru 6 boats 4 utility trailers and 2 girlfriends :D.... Even had a cypress tree fall on it during a storm that crunched the roof and windshield  :eek: i fixed it  :cool:

12. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

My 94. I would buy another, but don't really need to...

[​IMG]

13. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

most GM truck forums are based on Gen3 or older trucks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_C/K
    http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/index.php
    http://www.silveradosierra.com/
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/

but...... these guys usually own newer model GM vehicles as well. and youll find some help there.

im a gen3 guy 73-87 years.   :cool:

:)