Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter goes to C of C and will be staying and working the summer, so I'm driving her back to her apartment next week. Usually I bring just my 8 weight, with the checkpoint apparently ending is it a safe assumption that I'll be able to use it? I'll mostly be around IOP and Breach. Also - if there is a fly fisherman in need of an 8 weight line I got one down there a year ago, a Rio General Purpose floating with intermediate clear tip. I haven't really warmed up to it and will offer it for free to anyone who might want to message me with a hint or 2 of where I might want to explore from shore. I'll arrive late Monday afternoon, and hopefully be fishing mornings through Friday. And I'll have a mask so can meet up and give you the line without giving you the global cooties. Thanks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
IOP and Sully’s are open. Took the wife on Sunday to Acme for dinner and a walk on the beach. There were signs that said “keep it moving” but there were fisherman at breach, so I’m guessing you would be in the clear. Unfortunately, I also can’t help with any spots since it’s not going to be a flood, and you’re not bringing a boat.

I have seen people have success around Station 12/13 on Sullivan’s around the rocks, but they were throwing live shrimp and there are some sand bars out aways from the beach around Station 25 I believe. Then you could also call Fin to Feather, they would be much more knowledgeable than me... I haven’t been able to fish much lately

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm just going to have to come back when tide is better! Which I will, I get down there a lot. Fishing next week depends on how much progress I make on the shoulder I separated 2 weeks ago so we'll see.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kept up social distancing and rested my bad wing by drinking beer and watching the tide rise in various creeks, just observe and learn. I saw many spots that I'll be able to get to in a kayak that showed some good activity at certain times. Usually I just want to get a rod and start casting which got me a few fish but not much knowledge. So being injured this time was good. My in-laws were laid to rest near here and I think my wife wants to live here someday, preferably with me. We'll see, but I can't wait to come back with my 8 weight!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts