Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at these two for some time and wanted to see them in person if one was close by. Looking at the 16ft models with consoles preferably. Ankona is 2.5hrs away and would be nice to see one before I make the drive there or go look at a used one.

Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am in Titusville with my Advent if you want to make the drive over, there are tons of owners on both coasts so you should be able to get a look at some. To bad you couldn’t make it to the owners tournament last month we had around 20 boats there and almost 1 of every skiff they make

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2021 Ankona Advent
2,983 Posts
I got a 1444 down near Apollo Beach. I will be scheduling an Ankona Demo Day in June at Little Harbors in Ruskin. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Have you used it in open rough waters? If so, how did it do?
I have taken it about 12 miles out one time and it was a little bumpy. I was running between 20-25 on the way out and back. It was a little wet at times but never unsafe. I would do it again with similar conditions.

Aside from that I’ve run across Tampa Bay a few times in a good chop and it handles it very well for its size. Quartering chop is the worst for spray, but for having no spray rails and low freeboard its decently dry.

Obviously all this is subjective and opinionated but I think it does well for its size. It’s not an open water boat but if you need to get home and the wind/wave kicks up you’ll be able to get back safe you just might get a little wet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.