SOLD/EXPIRED another skiff

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by el9surf, Jul 28, 2014.

1. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

http://orlando.craigslist.org/bod/4577556328.html

Not mine

2. el9surf

Wondering if this is built by ankona. It has some visible similarities to their construction and I saw that they just picked up a new mold not too long ago. Just speculating but looks like a decent boat.

3. grassfed

grassfed Well-Known Member

Kingdom Boatworks hull?

4. el9surf

Couldn't remember the company that sold their mold but yes, that is the one I was thinking of.

5. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

Saw this on cl the other night. Liked it then, like it now. Looks like a fair deal. Too bad it didn't work out for the guys at kingdom

6. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

The way I understand that post is you can buy that hull now for $4800 or have one like it built, so it isn't a going out of business sale.

Kingdom's website & FB pages are still up.

7. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

Got this off Kingdoms FB page. Sorry for the derail.

How's the boat building going? What happened to Kingdom Boatworks? Where did you guys go? Are you making boats anymore?

I think it's time to answer all the questions I have been getting.

We know it seems like we fell off the face of the planet. Going from posts every day with demos and prototypes being tested to just a few photos here and there

As most of you know Matt and I are not rich people. we did not start KBW on anyone's money but our own. We both work 50-60 hour weeks to provide for our families and are trying to live the American dream. From Matts garage to a 2000 square foot shop we made the leap of faith do we could provide you with the best possible skiffs for the money.

When we decided to start production I sold my charter boat to fund the first two boats that we would build. #1 would be my own to show and the other would go around as a demo for guides and friends of KBW to use.

Everything was in order and material was ordered. Two full days (and nights) in the shop and our first production boat was in the molds. Unfortunately part of business means making mistakes and learning the hard way. Two days later Matt went to pop them out and the hull came out perfect. However when he went to pop the deck out only half would release.
    Living on faith and putting it all on the line we managed to kill the deck mold on our first try. Without a working plug to pop another mold off of we are unable to do anything. Countless days in the shop trying to grind and sand off the layers of fresh glass produced to be useless.
    Honestly we were angry and confused as to what happened, we did not know what to do. We were totally out on a limb financially with people waiting to see a finished product so they could have the confidence to place a order. We has a whirlwind of interest that sent us from 0-300 and then it was all pulled out from under us.

Where are we now? We have 2 hulls produced and we are working on raising the funds to build a new deck plug so we can make a new mold.

This setback has caused Matt and I to question everything but after the dust settled we have more determination than ever to see this dream come to life.

Kingdom Boatworks has been and is standing on the truth that is "Seek first the kingdom of God" and because of that we believe he will do immeasurably more that we can imagine.

8. el9surf

I could have sworn I saw a post from Matt saying they sold the mold to Mel at Ankona and that hull would go into the salt marsh lineup. I could be totally wrong and this could be a completely different boat, but based on the pictures some of the pieces of the puzzle fit.

9. firefish

firefish I Love microskiff.com!

I made the call ,mostly out of curiosity, and got a (missed) return call from a guy named mel,,,, don't know if it's Ankona Mel ,,,,,

10. Demolition.x

Demolition.x I Love microskiff.com!

I sent an email requesting additional information.

here is the response:

"Hi, thanks for the interest in our skiff, we were going to add this skiff into our SaltMarsh product line but decided otherwise. So I don't even have a name yet for it (suggestions are appreciated!). Like our other models we can build to suit (tiller, side, center consoles), Its well built hand-laid, no chop gun and no wood & meets all USCG requirements. Its beamy at 70" with 5 1/2' front deck, 1' walkaround gunnels and a 3' back deck. I've attached a few more photos. Please let me know what other info I can provide! Thanks again!"

Makes me think its part of Ankona's line up.

11. evan_ott@yahoo.com

el9surf I saw that too. just don't remember where it was at. That post I got off of FB was from May 3.

12. el9surf

Yep thats Mel at Ankona. Well sorry to hear the kingdom didn't work out but the mold is in good hands..
    I'm sure Ankona will be successful with this hull. Plus if its laid up like their other boats it will be a solid hull.

13. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

User Real aggressive charters who built the boat was asking about bossman boats in general discussion. When asked why he said he sold the mold to mel

14. Chevystroked383

Chevystroked383 I Love microskiff.com!

We did sell the molds it was in the better intrest to sell it we spent a lot of money to get to the point to start production and had a lot of intrest but no commitment an the bills were taking into our personal lives so we sold it

15. RonBari

RonBari I Love microskiff.com!

Sorry it did not work out.. Sometimes the real purpose and end results of our efforts are beyond our view. Given the choice, the mold could not be in better hands.

16. evan_ott@yahoo.com

Do you still have you skiff?

17. evan_ott@yahoo.com

What kinda numbers do you get with it and what motor are you running? Got a friend that is looking to buy a used skiff. (For money reasons) and I told him he should just look at buying a cheaper new skiff. Seeing theres a bunch of companies offering lower budget skiffs now that will do the job just as good as they higher priced ones.