Another skiff build.

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by jgetts378, Jul 3, 2015.

1. jgetts378

jgetts378 I Love microskiff.com!

Long time forum lurker first time poster! I picked up this skiff about a month ago I picked it up because I really liked the lines. According to the previous owner it was once used as a duck boat then converted back into a skiff. Well he explained to me the work he had done to it beginning with the floors which he explained about how he used two pieces of 3/4 inch ply and glassed them in place.... Based upon that and the fact I could see that he used "great stuff" foam for floatation and to seal around the pipes he used to run 4gauge power wire through I knew this was going to be a project!

This skiff looks like a cross between a Johnsen skiff and a Mitchell skiff.

Plans are to keep it a tiller raise the transom back to the original  20" stringers decks etc...

Not quiet sure on what HP i should use as this boat will be a inshore fishing boat used for skinnier water and stalking snook and tarpon!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

I imagine u have a title that will tell u what it is?

3. jgetts378

Yes I do have the title, sears & roebuck.. I just haven't seen one like it..

I ripped out the deck yesterday finding water soaked foam and rotten stringers.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jgetts378

Well its been a while since my last post.... To update I did the demo stripping it to a bare hull and then entrusted Fuzzie Webb of Webb marine!! Ill let the pictures do the talking! Ive still got some rigging to do and have to mount the motor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fritz and Rhart like this.
  5. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

Do you have more pics of the build?

sebastianskiff likes this.
  6. Rhart

Rhart Member

7. Rhart

Rhart Member

Great work. Love the colors you chose :)