Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time forum lurker first time poster! I picked up this skiff about a month ago I picked it up because I really liked the lines. According to the previous owner it was once used as a duck boat then converted back into a skiff. Well he explained to me the work he had done to it beginning with the floors which he explained about how he used two pieces of 3/4 inch ply and glassed them in place.... Based upon that and the fact I could see that he used "great stuff" foam for floatation and to seal around the pipes he used to run 4gauge power wire through I knew this was going to be a project!

This skiff looks like a cross between a Johnsen skiff and a Mitchell skiff.

Plans are to keep it a tiller raise the transom back to the original  20" stringers decks etc...

Not quiet sure on what HP i should use as this boat will be a inshore fishing boat used for skinnier water and stalking snook and tarpon!!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have the title, sears & roebuck.. I just haven't seen one like it..

I ripped out the deck yesterday finding water soaked foam and rotten stringers.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its been a while since my last post.... To update I did the demo stripping it to a bare hull and then entrusted Fuzzie Webb of Webb marine!! Ill let the pictures do the talking! Ive still got some rigging to do and have to mount the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well its been a while since my last post.... To update I did the demo stripping it to a bare hull and then entrusted Fuzzie Webb of Webb marine!! Ill let the pictures do the talking! Ive still got some rigging to do and have to mount the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts