Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a mint gladesman and it has a mint Yami on it my problem with the motor is the lack of a pull rope on their electric start motors. I am not sure which moron engineer decided against a rope in the front of the cowing idiot. My reasoning for thinking of purchasing a new motor for it is to have the ability to pull start the motor 30 miles from Chockoloskee.

·
Brandon, FL
10,938 Posts
So did my merc and it was help up by a clip which fell off when the underside of the cowl heated up and got chewed to pieces by the flywheel.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So did my merc and it was help up by a clip which fell off when the underside of the cowl heated up and got chewed to pieces by the flywheel.
All the Mercs under 30 hp I've ever had all had rope start handels. Yami is the only ine I have ever seen without the rope start in front.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
170 Posts
Hey you wanna hate hate ... im kinda of with you .... pull start good .... but I’d really like to see gladesman

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,433 Posts
I picked up a mint gladesman and it has a mint Yami on it my problem with the motor is the lack of a pull rope on their electric start motors. I am not sure which moron engineer decided against a rope in the front of the cowing idiot. My reasoning for thinking of purchasing a new motor for it is to have the ability to pull start the motor 30 miles from Chockoloskee.
You should probably sell the 15 HP Yamaha and buy a 20 HP Tohatsu with pull start type cowling. Especially if you fish thirty miles from the ramp.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts