Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, recently joined. Just trying to learn as much as possible about skinny water skiffs. I have a good bit of experience with tunnel Jon boats, trying to decide if it’s worth the jump to a real skiff.

·
Panhandler
2,720 Posts
Welcome. A Sabine Skiff might be your solution. Haven't seen one in person but very intriguing option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. A Sabine Skiff might be your solution. Haven't seen one in person but very intriguing option.
I have taken a real hard look at the Sabines. Looks like a great combo of durability and function. Historically most of my fishing was drifting and wading. I haven’t fished much locally in the last few years because I spend a lot of time hunting. I have the itch to get back on the water and to learn the shallow water game.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have taken a real hard look at the Sabines. Looks like a great combo of durability and function. Historically most of my fishing was drifting and wading. I haven’t fished much locally in the last few years because I spend a lot of time hunting. I have the itch to get back on the water and to learn the shallow water game.
Sabine makes a great cast and blast setup. Can’t go wrong with them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Shoot me a message if you'd like to check out a Sabine or have any questions - I'm in the Houston area as well. I made the same jump from tunnel jon to Sabine and never looked back.

·
1652 G3, & 1756 Lowe tinnys
776 Posts
Texun, I live in Houston for half of each year. I have a couple of 16 /17 ft tinnys. The 16 ft will live in Houston full time now. The 17 now resides in TN. full time.

I've owned some Gheenoes and a number of Carolina Skiffs. Given the oyster reefs in our area, I've been concerned about the fiberglass bottoms getting ruined.

It sounds like the Sabine is a great direction to go. Did you get rid of your tunnel tinny?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts