Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well from Texas, native born, saltwater fisherman mostly inshore along the upper mid coast. Use to make surfboards and surf a lot on the mainland Pacific coast of Mexico (Michoacan, Colima, Oaxaca & Guerrero) in the 80s. Would run out of food and had to spear fish or catch them to eat. You get real good when you are hungry or you don't eat and I am fat. I really like to fly fish and raised on the Texas coast. Don't feel right unless I am in saltwater at least once a week. Have a small 14'3" Piranha Rasso. If you want to know about it ask because there just isn't that much out there about them. Been coming and looking at this site a lot in the last year and finally joined. My hobbies include rod building (fly rods, inshore casting and spinning for 30 yrs) fly tying and long walks on the beach. LOL

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome, I know the feeling of "Don't feel right unless I am in saltwater at least once a week.".

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What boards did you shape back in the day?
For point waves 6' to 6'9 and for beach breaks 7'2" to 8'4" guns. Tri fins. I have made a fey longboards and fun shapes but mostly for the Texas coast. My favorite personal sizes were 6'2 and 6'6" / 7'2". I sold a few out of surf shops but mostly to my friends and in Mexico. I pretty much quit making boards around the same time Gordon Clark (Clark Foam) quit making blanks in 2005. I had to get a real job in 1990 so it had really slowed down to a couple a boards a year anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts