Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Ankona suv17 interior

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  suvtillerdriver 
#1 ·
I'm loving my Ankona, but not liking the interior floor with the blue/white paint splatter. How would I go about redoing that? Can I paint over it with a white, texture of some kind?

Any help appreciated!

#5 ·
I'm loving my Ankona, but not liking the interior floor with the blue/white paint splatter.  How would I go about redoing that?  Can I paint over it with a white, texture of some kind?

Any help appreciated!

depends on what you want...that splatter finish looks terrible,and it looks cheap too...

me,i would sand it out,prime it in duratec surfacer,and awlgrip it - but that's me...

#15 ·

F that. If that stuff is anything like my SUV's Non-skid.. I'll be scrubbing the floor for months... Cleaning the deck of my boat is a PITA.

You can order HydroTurf in large quantities. It sounds like a pretty good idea. I think I can get a very small discount on it being that Im a member of another forum.. I know GatorTrax uses it on their boats. Also you can get foam to put underneath it for real comfortable feel. :D

#18 ·
Im not sure I'll have to look.

Yeah, mine is blue but doesnt have that much. There is some discoloration in a few spots though.

I'd personally get something with black and white so it would match my hatches and interior perfectly. My patter would be cut groove with the lines going bow to stern so water would drain easily.. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.